Samples From Mars has released Tape Fragments From Mars, a dreamy cerebral synth sample pack created with an OB, Echoplex and Otari tape machine.
Tape Fragments is one of our more experimental, yet super useable, releases to date. It was created by sending analog synth movements through feedback loops using various tape machines, echoes and an API console. The results were then mapped to keyboard instruments and can be played melodically to achieve rich, dreamy, lo-fi tape synth textures and soundtrack-esc pads, leads, and FX.
- 32 Tape Fragments instruments and samples.
- Oberheim and Polysix synths manipulated through 1/4" Otari tape and Echoplex tape echo feedback loops.
- Soundtrack-esc tape pads, Screaming Leads, Drifting Pads, Flutes, Spaced Out FX, Plucky Bass, and Dusty Keys.
- WAVs are trimmed, looped, named by note, and mapped to various samplers.
- WAVs feature mapping and looping metadata, for easy drag n drop into unsupported samplers.
- Recorded cleanly through an API 1608 console to Apogee Symphony Conversion.
- Modwheel parameters and FX routing on Ableton, Kontakt and Logic instruments.
- 46.3 MB Unzipped.