Schaack Audio Technologies has announced the release of version 2.0 of Quad for Windows (XP, Vista) and Mac OS X.
Quad is an open-architecture DVS (Digital Vinyl System) that can be used to play & scratch up to 4 MP3s simultaneously, controlled by 1 to 4 turntables. The turntables can be connected to any soundcard (ASIO driver required on PC); thanks to Quad's internal software Phono preamps it is even possible to connect the turntables to Line Inputs on the soundcard.
- Compatible with any soundcard (Windows: ASIO driver required).
- Software RIAA Phono pre-amplification allows connecting turntables directly to Line Inputs on the soundcard.
- Nearly every parameter is MIDI controllable.
- Totally configurable audio routing.
- Easy MIDI Learn.
- Compatible with nearly all MIDI Controllers on the market (accepts CC & Note On/Off MIDI messages).
- MIDI feedback for endless rotary MIDI controllers or motorized fader MIDI controllers.
- Resizable and completely user-configurable GUI: Channels may be shown/hidden, EQ/Filter/asf. may be shown/hidden.
- 1-4 decks may be used to control 1-4 tracks (MP3s/WAVs).
- Custom Vinyl Tracking algorithm provides a near-analog scratch experience.
- Perfect tempo-synchronization of up to 4 tracks using SYNC.
- Powerful 1-deck support (one single turntable may be used to mix up to 4 tracks).
- Virtual Zero Lock Range makes pitch 0 really 0 and virtually eliminates the "resting point" at pitch 0 on old turntables.
- Recording the mix as .WAV during mixing is possible.
- Keyboard shortcuts allow using Quad without touching the mouse.
- Preview Player for fast pre-listening of tracks on Headphones.
Advanced sound processing:
- Fresh sounding filters (X-Filter, SVF).
- 3-band Equalizers with parametric mids from 100Hz to 10kHz.
- Tempo-matched FX (Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Delay, LFO Filter, ...).
- Tempo-matched Loop Samplers.
- Any audio material (real Vinyl / CDs / Mic / ...) may be routed from the soundcard's inputs into Quad for mixing and FX-processing.
- Crossfader with 3 curves.
- Support for VST plugins (Windows only at the moment).
- Look-ahead limiters on each ASIO output avoid audible audio distortions when signal becomes too hot.
Managing your tunes:
- New, improved browser.
- ID3 Tags are editable.
- Create cases of your favourite tunes and music styles.
- 4 assignable Cue Points per track.
Pricing & Availability
Quad is delivered with 4 Timecode Vinyls for €89 + VAT + €10 shipping. Further Vinyls may be purchased for €15 each.
An unlimited Tryout version is available for free for Mac OS X (Universal Binary) and Windows (XP, Vista). The Tryout version lets you explore most of Quad's features but scratching tunes and changing the pitch of tunes is only possible with the Timecode discs. Please note that for the Mac OS X version an Intel Mac is recommended.