SM Pro Audio has announced that its V-Machine hardware VST player is now shipping in the US market. The V-Machine is a compact VST/VSTi hardware playback module designed to take plug-ins on the road or into the studio and access them directly without a computer. (It was called V-Box when it was announced).
Multiple plug-ins can be loaded into bank/preset memories of the V-Machine for immediate access and combined into chains, splits, and layers to create rich and unique sounds. Full external MIDI controller support allows users access to available loaded plug-in parameter controls such as virtual dials, switches, and faders.
The V-Machine houses a host of connections in a sturdy metal chassis to hold up to the rigors of the road. Audio is handled by stereo inputs and outputs and a headphone output with dedicated volume control. Three USB connections handle computer transfers of VST applications, streaming of sample content from external hard drives, connection of USB controllers, and copy protection dongles. A MIDI-in jack is also included for the connection of standard MIDI controllers.
V-Machine ships with control configuration software (downloadable from their web site from 21st November, 2008), which is compatible with Windows and Mac OS X, as well as IK Multimedia's Sample Tank SE and a set of sound samples. Users can load up their favorite VST/VSTi plug-ins on their computer for auditioning, sound-set creation, and bank/preset memory assignment prior to transferring to the V-Machine for stand-alone use. Transferring (Windows) VST plug-ins to the V-Machine via USB transfer takes care of all required user data and program memories. Once in the main unit, users have instant access to all instrument and effects for the stage or studio with great audio performance, hardware stability, ease of operation, and portability.
- External hardware host for Windows plug-ins (VST instruments and effects).
- Banks, presets (incl. chaining, layering, splitting) can be edited with the V-Machine or the host software.
- Create synth layers and chain them with effects.
- Connect nearly every MIDI-Controller to the V-Machine.
- Multiple VSTis can be combined.
- MIDI learn functions included.
- All effect and synth chains can be switched latency free.
- USB-Ports for external peripherals.
- Use software samplers and stream its content from any USB drive.
- Sensor to adjust the display's contrast automatically.
- 1 Ghz CPU.
- 1G IDE flash disk.
- 512 MB RAM.
- HD audio codec.
- Audio Line Out (2x TS 6.35mm): Line level -10dB.
- 1 x MIDI In (5-pin female DIN).
- 1 audio input (1x mini jack 3.5mm stereo).
- 1 x USB Type-B (Slave) : USB-MIDI Class Compliant.
- Headphone out (3.5mm stereo).
- Kensington style lock aperture.
- 2 x USB Type-A (Host) compatible with USB-MIDI and USB Mass Storage Class compliant devices.
- DC IN : 12V Regulated.
Pricing & Availability
V-Machine is available now with an MSRP of $599.