sonicLAB has released Fundamental, a sound synthesis tool combining the different roots of electronic music history.
Fundamental feels like something Stockhausen, Xenakis and HAL 9000might have dreamed up after a bender: recalling the past of electronic music through a reimagination of a massive German test equipment vacuum oscillator on a modern instrument.
Fundamental's wave engine is a faithful sonic recreation of a vintage Rohde&Schwartz vacuum tube oscillator (having been widely used at WDR by Stockhausen).
sonicLAB leaves behind the limitations of the vintage equipment by proposing complex modulation possibilities addressing the sonic parameters like frequency, gain, stereo panning, etc. in continuum, which has not been applicable until now.
Likewise eight unbridled 1950s tube oscillators drone to life in an instrument that mixes early electronic with modern computer music.
- Unique polymorphing wavetable synthesis without any compromise in data content and precision.
- 4 dynamic wavetables being rendered for each voice to represent infinitesimal steps of frequency and gain combinations between 1hz - 3800hz of the original vacuum tube oscillator.
- 8 simultaneous voices each with custom freq, gain, boost, panning and modulation settings.
- Custom or harmonic frequency distribution of voices with variable spread ratio and tuning table.
- 4 independent stochastic modulations for each voice (32 in total) addressing all parameters with various continuous, discrete distributions and also standard waveforms.
- Full MPE support with various configuration possibilities.
- Independent Attack / Release envelopes for each voice with various modes. AR times can be set to degrees of randomness.
- Vintage oscillator or pure sine wave mode.
Fundamental software comes in VST3, AU and standalone formats both for OS X and Windows 64-bit systems, and can be purchased directly at the sonicLAB webshop.
Fundamental retail price is 69Euros, the launch discount price is 49Euros (until 15/7/2020).
Fundamental student discount price (upon presenting a valid ID) is 39euros.
Limited time full functioning demos are available from the sonicLAB shop. Purchase or demo needs a valid iLok account. Authorisation options are iLok dongle, iLok Cloud or directly the host computer.