Soundbytes has released a public preview of Sympathizer, a VST effect for Windows based on a tunable comb filter bank.
Sympathizer's sonic scope spans from the mere recreation of a sympathetic string cluster to the pellicular sounds of sparkling overtone cascades and textures. The Sympathizer can be used for creating tuned reverbs or drone pad sounds that are hard to achieve through other means.
- Twenty one freely tunable string resonators, grouped into three comb filter banks.
- String material, string decay, stereo width, output volume and panorama settings can be adjusted separately for each bank.
- Faders can be grouped to quickly change settings globally or ganged in reverse to make adjustments to a single bank while still preserving the overall balance of the preset.
- Resonator pitch can be set as MIDI note number, as note name or as frequency.
- Pitch changes can be applied to a single resonator, to selected banks or globally to allow quick and convenient retuning of the effect.
- Damper and output volume are controllable through various MIDI sources.
For a limited time the Soundbytes Sympathizer is available for the reduced introductory price of €22. The full retail price will be €34.