Steinberg Media Technologies recently released their latest virtual instrument, Retrologue 2, a virtual analog synthesizer.
Compatible with both VST and AU hosts, this versatile synthesizer conveys ample power and provides a vast range of sounds that add to its tonal richness and complexity. Picking up where the previous version left off, Retrologue 2 meticulously emulates the sound of analog circuitry and its associated warmth.
Three virtual analog oscillators provide up to eight de-tunable voices alongside an additional sub oscillator and noise generator. The filter section comprises 24 filter shapes and five distortion modes. The flexible Arpeggiator, a powerful modulation system and comprehensive set of effects, including reverb, delay and the innovative three-band Resonator, stretch the creative envelope, only to be complemented by the extensive collection of exclusive presets.
A 30-day trial version of Retrologue 2 for evaluation without feature restrictions is available from the product pages.
"Our goal was to increase the sonic spectrum of Retrologue 2 with new features without losing the intuitive concept of the instrument," said Matthias Quellmann, Senior Marketing Manager for Steinberg. "The result is a full-fledged virtual analog synthesizer with an amazing level of quality and performance."
Features at a glance:
- Classic virtual analog synthesizer optimized for low CPU load.
- Over 700 presets covering classic analog synth sounds and beyond.
- Intuitive interface for fast, creative sound design.
- 3 oscillators with up to 8 de-tunable voices alongside sub and noise oscillators.
- 3-band Resonator with 14 different filter configurations and integrated LFO.
- Arpeggiator with up to 32 steps and "Export to host" feature.
- 24 first-class filter types.
- 4 LFOs plus filter, amp and custom envelopes.
- 16-stage drag and drop modulation matrix with Note Expression support.
- 5 distortion modes including tube, clip, bit reduction and rate reduction.
- FX section with delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, vintage ensemble, reverb and 4-band EQ.
Availability and pricing
The full version of Retrologue 2 is exclusively available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop for 99.99 euros, including German VAT. The update from version 1 is available for 49.99 euros, including German VAT.
Customers who have purchased the first version of Retrologue from October 15, 2015, are entitled to a free downloadable Grace Period update to Retrologue 2.
Customers who already have purchased Absolute 2 including the first version of Retrologue receive a free update to Retrologue 2 automatically.
Visit www.steinberg.net/retrologue for details.