Dorico 2.1 introduces a number of important new features:
- Swing playback – set it for the whole project, or for only a region, or even for only an individual player, and modify.
- Microtonal playback – comprehensive playback of extended tonality systems with no setup, through the included HALion Sonic SE 3 and other supported VST instruments.
- Playback of bar repeats – rhythm section parts now sound as good as they look, with automatic playback of the repeated material.
- Background sound loading – no more waiting while Dorico loads sounds in HALion Sonic SE, speeding up switching between projects and starting new ones.
- Audio export of individual players or stems – export a separate audio file for each player in your project, ideal for dropping directly into Cubase for mixing.
- Mid-system divisi labels – each division is now labelled automatically at the correct position, to make transitions between tutti and divisi completely clear.
- Slash regions hide music – when dragging a slash region over existing music, the existing music is now hidden, but still plays back.
- Propagate Part Formatting – a new dialog allows you to transfer formatting choices made for one part layout to one or more other layouts in a single click, saving even more time.
- Propagate Properties – after setting the properties for an item to look just right in the full score, apply those same properties to all other layouts where the item appears with a single click.
- Rich text staff labels – add font formatting changes, style changes, and line breaks in staff labels with the new rich text editor for instrument names.
- Notehead set editor – design your own noteheads or modify the provided defaults with a graphical editor.
In addition to the above significant new features, there are dozens of smaller improvements, and a good number of bugs have been fixed.
This update is free to existing Dorico Pro 2 and Dorico Elements 2 customers, and is recommended for all Dorico 2 users.
Customers still using Dorico 1.2.10 can buy an update to Dorico Pro 2 from the Steinberg Online Shop and will automatically receive Dorico Pro 2.1.