Sononym has released Sononym for Windows, Linux and OS X.
The software is designed to be an innovative approach to sample browsing, using machine learning and audio feature extraction to make personal sample collections searchable and discoverable.
The primary innovation in Sononym is called "Similarity Search", a special search mode which accepts sound as the input, and finds relevant sounds throughout your sample collection. It's even possible to connect a synth, guitar or microphone and use this to locate samples by recording new sounds on-the-fly.
- Works with a user's own files: recordings, soundware collections, any source.
- Deep audio analysis: extracts pitch, tempo, brightness etc. from samples.
- Self-organizing content: Automatically groups samples into relevant categories, such as loops and one-shots, kicks or snares.
- Similarity Search: A unique and powerful way to discover variations of any sound.
- Live recording: Quickly and easily find samples based on any input sound.
- Integrated bookmarking and export: Don't lose the creative flow while browsing.
- Cross-platform: the software is available for Windows, Linux and OS X.
Price: 89 EUR, including VAT, or $99 USD for customers in the United States. A fully functional 30-day trial version can be downloaded from their website.