Techivation has announced the release of T-De-Esser Plus, a new version of their first release T-De-Esser, a simplified and easy-to-use De-Esser plugin for Windows and macOS that smooths out high frequencies while trying to maintain a natural and musical sound. This new version (T-De-Esser Plus) has the same functionality as the original T-De-Esser with a new extra feature 'Delta-listening'.
The new interface also displays the premium features of their next release T-De-Esser Pro. These features will be available in a paid upgrade to T-De-Esser Pro.
You can use T-De-Esser Plus to:
- Remove harshness from sound sources that were closely mic'd.
- Manage sibilance in vocals and dialog in a transparent manner.
- Treat irregular tonal balance caused by poor recording quality.
- Reduce the glare from unnecessarily bright guitar and piano recordings.
- Tame piercing synth sounds.
- Control the high-frequencies in overheads' transients, such as snare, hi-hats, or clash.
- Give more dynamic range to your tracks while mastering, due to the reduction of unnecessary high frequencies.
- Side Chain Frequency Modes: Side Chain Frequency Modes Includes 4 specific side-chained frequency bands to detect the harsh sounds.
- CPU Optimized: Carefully optimized for low CPU usage on both Windows and macOS.
- GUI Scale: GUI Scale up/down from 80% to 150% depending on your preferences.
- Undo/Redo: Undo/Redo options are built inside the plugin so you no longer need to worry about losing setting values.
- A/B Switch: Quickly and simply compare different settings to find out which would fit well.
- Audition (Delta-listening): This feature allows you to quickly listen to the de-esser filter's frequency range or just the sounds that are being de-essed.
- Windows 7 and up as 32 / 64-bit VST3, and 64-bit.
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) – macOS 10.15 (Big Sur) as 32/64-bit VST, VST3, AAX, AU Intel, and M1 Rosetta 2 Macs.