It will include a larger and resizable GUI, a patch browser, enhanced sound quality, a bigger sonic range, a more user-friendly interface and many new features.
Gladiator3 is downward compatible. Existing song-projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound quality.
- Created a new interface, which is nearly twice as large.
- By clicking on 'EDITOR SIZE' you can select from four different interface sizes.
- Added a comfortable, new patch browser.
- New sound-quality mode 'high-end'.
- 18 additional unison modes with a diverse selection of chords.
- Added context sensitive tooltips with detailed descriptions for all controls.
- The patches can be ranked by clicking on the stars in the patch browser.
- The patch rankings are stored within the file "Ranking.rnk".
- 6 additional LFO waveforms: "Stair 4 up", "Stair 8 up", "Stair 4 down", "Stair 8 down", "Stair 4 up/down", "Stair 8 up/down".
- Added handbooks in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian to the new help menu.
- New loop mode "Noise", which jumps to a random section.
- New loop mode "\/50%", which ping-pong-loops 50% of the spectrum.
- New loop mode "\/25%", which ping-pong-loops 25% of the spectrum.
- 3 additional phase-modifiers "Zzzap", which sound like a laser.
- 3 additional phase-modifiers "Boing", which sound like a reverse laser.
- 2 additional phase-modifiers "Odd noise" and "Even noise", which noisify the spectrum.
- 2 additional phase-modifiers "Odd 90" and "Even 90", which sound like a sub-oscillator.
- Information tags about the patches are shown in the patch browser.
- Extended halftone-range for the arpeggiator from -23 to +23.
- Added cross-product-compatibility: Save->'Export...' exports the sound of osc1 as an Icarus compatible wavetable in WAV format.
- Video tutorials can be shown from the help menu.
- Updates and additional sounds can be accessed directly from the help menu.
- 176 additional patches.
Enhancements in sound:
- More linear frequency response for oscillators playing below 100Hz.
- More precise timing for all sample-rates.
- Replaced all micro-tuning algorithms with a better ones. The new ones are more subtle and sounds less 'detuned'.
- The late-reverb-tail of 'Reverb small' sounds less detuned.
- The late-reverb-tail of 'Reverb large' sounds less detuned.
- The late-reverb-tail of 'Reverb ultra' sounds less detuned.
- All effects do come with default settings now and are more usable.
Enhancements for the interface:
- Re-rendered the old GUI with sharper texts.
- The envelope's attack, decay, and release time is displayed in seconds.
- Registration screen is now also available in German.
- Renaming a preset is more straightforward.
- The version number now can be also shown from within help menu.
- The updated credits can be shown by clicking on help menu.
- The parameter info display is able to show longer texts now.
- Mousewheel support for knobs and list selectors.
- Double-clicking a knob or slider resets it to the default value.
- More detailed spectrum display.
- Manuals on the Mac now can be opened from within the plugin.
- Better init patch.
- Enhanced graphics.
- After loading patch names are derived from the fxp file name.
- Program name and file name are synced after saving a patch.
- Added messages boxes with info for some possible errors.
- Step speed is set to 1/1 BPM after initializing a patch.
- Many smaller enhancements.
- Loading and saving banks can now be accessed with a new menu called 'load' and 'save'.
- Renamed some parameters to be more consistent with the industry standards.
- The envelope's fade parameter now works as expected with long attack times.
- Manuals in PDF format and Gladiatorskin.txt have been moved to Gladiator3_data.
- On the Mac support files are now stored in /Library/Application Support/Tone2/Gladiator3_data/.
- Updated some texts.
- Enhanced hardware compatibility for MIDI program changes.
- The timing in 44kHz and 48kHz could have been out-of-sync if large block-sizes were used.
- Fixed some typos.
- Fixed a couple of wrong pixels.
- Fixed a possible bug with 'static' loop mode.
- Compatibility fix for the 'm' key.
- Fixed a possible crash when the splash-screen was opened during closing.
The update to v3.0 will be released in Autumn and free for all Gladiator2 users.