Tone2 Audio has updated Electra2 to v2.1. This major update comes with a large number of new features and enhancements. A highlight are two high-quality vocoder modules. Furthermore Electra2 now can do an authentic emulation of the supersaw & hypersaw oscillators which are known from popular hardware synthesizers. This update is free for all Electra2 customers.
New Ultrasaw oscillators (PW controls detuning):
- 4 new oscs 'Hypersaw Vir 3x-9x' which can sound like a popular hardware synth.
- New osc 'Supersaw JP' which has been inspired by another popular hardware synth.
- New osc 'Supersaw clean' (same as above, but without disharmonic aliasing).
- New osc 'Supernoise' with a lush and creamy sound.
- New osc 'Hypersquare 9x' with 9 detuned squarewaves.
- New osc 'Hypernoise 9x' with a lush and creamy sound.
- Vocoder Pro is a high-end vocoder with 20 bands. The design is inspired by a certain legendary and very expensive hardware.
- Vocoder SVC.
- The effect parameters of all 4 insert effects can be modulated with the matrix. This can be used to create very unique sounds. Please note that not all possible routings make sense.
- Additional matrix target 'FX Mix' controls the dry/wet level of the insert effect.
- Additional matrix targets 'FX Par1-4' control the effect parameters.
- The new sound mode 'scientific' turns Electra2 into a precise signal generator.
- The new sound mode 'LowCut 140Hz' cleans up the mix by removing low frequencies from Pads, Keys and Leads.
- The new sound mode 'HighCut analog' simulates the muffled sound of analog synths and cleans up the mix by removing high frequencies from bass sounds.
- Additional patches which use the Supersaw OSCs: Electra 2.1 now ships with 1240 sounds.
- 236 additional waveforms.
- The Vocoder effect has been replaced by an enhanced one.
- Smart oversampling of the existing Ultrasaw oscillators.
- More linear frequency response.
- Replaced 'Reverb Hall' and 'Reverb Room' with better sounding algorithms.
- High frequencies of 'Delay' and 'PingPong' effect.
Enhanced GUI & interface:
- Mousewheel support for patch browser.
- Better performance when patch browser is open.
- MIDI CC assignments are shown on top of the knobs.
- MIDI learn is more intuitive to use (right click on a knob).
- Menus are not longer closed automatically after 10 seconds.
- Display of the new Ultrasaw oscs shows spread.
- Switching synthesis mode does auto-set PW to a useful value.
- Reduced RAM use by 30%. This allows to load 4 additional instances in 32-bit mode.
- Faster loading of patches.
- Reduced CPU use on patch loading.
- Fixed a problem with the LFO synchronisation in song mode which could appear in some hosts.
- Fixed a rarely appearing crash after loading a patch and then selecting 'init'->'reset all'.
- Fixed a problem with saving the MIDI learn configuration when several instances were opened and closed at the same time.
- Fixed a possible GUI glitch after loading a patch.
- Fixed a possible crash which could happen with some very old hosts.
- Fixed a problem that could happen if tone was routed in the matrix.
- Background grid of step LFO was not displayed correctly.
- Fixed a bug in 'Loudness' where high frequencies were boosted in a slightly incorrect way.
- Renamed 'Loudness' to 'Dynamic loud'.
- Renamed 'Bass boost' to 'Dynamic bass'.
- Renamed 'Analog' to 'Bass boost'.
- Renamed 'Psychoacoust.' to 'Loudness'.