The update to v2.6 is a major update, which is available for free. It includes an improved user interface, new synthesis modes, enhanced sound and a large number of new features.
Electra 2.6 is downward compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary.
- New synthesis mode: Analog oscillators (Saw, Square, Triangle, Sine, Half Sine, Comb, Pulse 25%).
- New synthesis mode: Soft sync (is active if the target oscillator is analog; works well with triangle).
- New synthesis mode: Analog pulsewidth modulation (select Analog->'Pulse PW'; PW knob controls the pulsewidth).
- New effect: 'Gated Reverb' which syncs to the BPM rate.
- New effect: 'Gated Reverb Echo' is Gated Reverb with a delay which syncs to BPM.
- new effect: 'Reverse Reverb' which syncs to the BPM rate.
- New effect: 'Stereo Width' allows to spread the panorama from mono to surround.
- New effect: 'Laser Punch' adds additional punch. Use it with a sawtooth to generate a zapping 'Rubber Bass' sound.
- New effect: 'Stereo flanger'.
- New effect: 'Surround pan' with Dolby Pro Logic compatible surround encoding.
- New filter: 'LP Butter' is an analog modeled butterworth filter with 24dB. The analog knob controls the noisiness.
- New filter: 'LP Tone2' is an analog modeled leapfrog filter with 24dB. The analog knob controls non-linearity.
- New filter: 'LP Elliptic' is a digital filter with 40dB slope.
- The patch browser shows a scrollbar if more than 26 categories exist.
- Doubleclick on a knob resets it to the default value.
- Custom Wave->'Load wave' now shows a popup menu with all available waveforms in ElectraX_wavetables.
- Custom waveforms can quickly be selected with the mousewheel.
- Custom Wave->'Random wave' generates a random waveform.
- 'Save Wave' exports a WAV file with the oscillator's waveform.
- New Sample effect: 'Phase shifter' creates a very similar sounding sample. It can be used for 'sample clearing', since it is difficult to prove the origin of the sample.
- New halftone mode for the arpeggiator: 3/4 selects a minor or major third which depends on the root key.
- 'Natural scrolling' support for the mousewheel on Mac.
- List selectors now have checkmarks.
- 40 additional patches.
- Enhanced sound of 'Reverb Hall', especially for for small sizes.
- Enhanced sound of 'Reverb Room' for small sizes.
- Enhanced sound of 'Reverb Cathedral'.
- Slightly enhanced sound of 'Reverb Big' with reduced low frequency rumble.
- Slightly enhanced sound of 'Reverb Infinity' with reduced low frequency rumble.
- A hand symbol is shown for text-style parameters which can be altered with the mouse.
- More detailed description for some tooltips.
- If tooltips are hidden the info boxes for the knobs are also hidden.
- Better default settings for Chorus.
- Better default settings for Ensemble.
- Mousewheel on PC has a more aggressive focus.
- No more clipping in the waveform displays.
- More clean sound of PWM modulation on 'custom wave'.
- Filter frequency response display is more precise.
- Higher precision of triangle, square and saw LFO at high frequencies.
- More linear frequency response of 'Dynamic loud', 'Bright' and 'Loudness'.
- Init->'Reset All' sets Pitchwheel to +-12.
- Cleaned up some tooltips.
- Several small enhancements.
- More smooth looking waveform displays.
- Reworked some 'init patch' templates.
- The timing in 44kHz and 48 kHz samplerate was incorrect.
- One some PC hosts the mouse cursor showed a wait circle when a knob was moved.
- LFO 'Fade' did not work with some waveforms.
- The checkmark 'Multilayer edit' was not shown after closing and opening the GUI.
- Fixed a denormal in the Reverb effect.
- Fixed a click that could be audible when volume envelope sustain was set to 0.
- Monophonic arpeggiators sometimes did not play if keys were hit while loading a patch.
- 'Hold' time in the envelope section was displayed incorrectly.
- LFO speed text did display a mouse up/down arrow on mouseover.
- STEP LFO speed display was incorrect.
- Modulation depth of knobs could have been incorrect if matrix target was switched.
- Text-style parameters do not longer display a "*".
Product page: www.tone2.com/electra2.html
Download link: www.tone2.com/download.html