UrsaDSP has upgraded Boost to Revision B. Boost is an upward limiter that creates no clipping. Revision B, the second version of the plugin, adds mid/side mode, parallel compression, stereo link amount, true peak detection and oversampling. They say:
Most plugin compressors emulate an analog detection path used 60 years ago. Boost's Trajectory Technology uses modern DSP to leave the highest transients undistorted – no matter how far you push the plugin. With its Focus control engaged, Boost brings the quieter parts of an audio signal up, never overshooting the peaks and remaining transparent. For introducing character, there are Drive and Emphasis controls.
- NEW: Boost stereo image in mid/side mode.
- NEW: Stereo Link 0-100%.
- NEW: Oversampling.
- NEW: True Peak detection mode.
- NEW: Parallel compression with Dry/Wet.
- Reveal hidden details using the Focus knob.
- No clipping - not even True Peak.
- Alway in Lookahead mode up to 40ms.
- Apply Drive and Emphasis to add character.
- Preserve reverb tails with Max Gain control.
Price: £79.99 from Devious Machines. The upgrade is free for existing Boost owners. A 30-day free trial is available.