VirSyn has announced the release of FDELAY - The Rhythmiser, a tool for sound design and loop manipulation in realtime. In contrast to the delay machines you're used to FDELAY splits the frequency spectrum of the input signal into 27 bands and applies a separate delay unit to each band. The delay times can be synchronized to the host tempo generating nearly infinite rhythmical and sonic variations of the input signal.
- 27 band realtime multiband delay.
- Frequency dependant level, delay time and feedback.
- Linear phase precision filters for maximal transparency.
- Tempo syncable delay times up to 6 seconds.
- Meta parameter for quick access to rhythm variations.
- Minimized latency (12 ms).
Pricing & Availability
FDELAY is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST 3, VST 2.4, AudioUnit and RTAS plug-in formats. It has an MSRP of €169 but is available for the introductory price of €99 until the end of March 2009. A fully-functional, time limited, demo version is available (Syncrosoft Dongle [e.g. Steinberg Key] needed).
If you buy VirSyn's Take Five FX (incl. Bark, Matrix, Reflect, TDesign and VTape) before March 31st, 2009 you will get FDELAY for free.