VirSyn has released Poseidon, a powerful new synthesizer virtual instrument for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU, RTAS and stand-alone formats.
At first sight Poseidon looks like a simple structured analog "Oscillator-Filter" synthesizer with all controls visible at once.
This gives Poseidon ease-of-use with almost no learning curve. The real power is working under the hood: The oscillator is nothing less than the spectral modelling sound generator of VirSyn's CUBE synthesizer and the variable slope Filter is a completely new design based on VirSyn's unique F-domain synthesis.
- Spectral modelling oscillator
- 512 oscillators
- Harmonic/inharmonic spectra
- Arbitrary noise spectra
- 8 times unisono mode
- Time machine
- Free control over temporal evolution of sound.
- Modulatable time stretching/compression.
- Time freeze.
- Timbre control
- Natural Brightness control.
- Balance partial spectrum and residual noise.
- Frequency stretching.
- Amplitude/Frequency blur filter.
- F-Domain Filter
- Lowpass / Highpass / comb / Anti-resonance.
- Unique design with resonance and bandwidth.
- Independent moving stereo position of each partial.
- AIFF/WAV sample import.
- Sine spectrum.
- Residual spectrum.
- Scala compatible Microtuning
- MIDI learn function
The download version of Poseidon is available now in VirSyn's online shop for €199. The boxed version will be available in approximately three weeks with an MSRP of €219. A fully functional, time limited demo version will be available in the next few days - a Syncrosoft Dongle is required. Sound demos are available.