Waves Audio has announced the release of OVox, the next-generation voice-controlled synthesizer and vocal effects processor.
You can use OVox as a plugin or standalone app (with or without a DAW) to create rich vocoder, talkbox, harmonizer, pitch/tune, vocal arpeggiation effects and beyond, with superior sound quality and instant results.
Whether you're a producer, musician or engineer, the Waves OVox Vocal ReSynthesis places a menu of vocal synthesis and vocal morphing options in your hands—from classic Daft Punk-style vocoding to futuristic vocal effects that defy category.
OVox delivers its high-resolution sound quality thanks to Waves' Organic ReSynthesis (ORS) technology, which takes your vocal signal and breaks it down to its core "DNA" elements—amplitude, pitch, and formant. It then re-synthesizes these elements to create a new pristine processed signal, without any of the artifacts that sometimes plague vocal synth-type instruments.
OVox's workflow is instant, with none of the difficult routing, typical of other vocoders and vocal synthesizers. Just insert OVox as a plugin, or fire it up as a standalone app – sing, hum, speak or beatbox into it, and hear the magic happen.
Furthermore, MIDI control is optional, meaning that you can use OVox without a keyboard or controller: simply use your voice (or a recorded vocal) to trigger automatic chords, harmonies or scales, using OVox's automatic Note Mapper.
You can choose from hundreds of OVox presets. Tweak them using the basic controls in OVox's Main View, including Tune, Formant, and macro effect and modulation blending options. And for those who wish to delve deeper: open up OVox's Expanded View, which unlocks a world of vocal-morphing possibilities:
The Expanded View offers detailed control of OVox's key component, the Formant Filter, which enables the OVox synth to mimic the human voice so accurately, by imitating the effect of different sizes of vocal folds.
For extra morphing power, you get nine independent drag-and-drop modulators that can modulate any control within the plugin. These include four LFO/Sequencer modulators with your choice between 40 LFO shapes (plus the ability to draw your own custom shapes) and 16-step sequencer patterns; two traditional ADSR modulators; and three unique Organic ReSynthesis modulators that use the amplitude, pitch, and formant characteristics of your vocal to modulate other controls in the plugin.
For extra depth and richness, OVox boasts two vocal synthesis engines, OVox 1 and OVox 2, which you can control separately, based on a built-in eight-voice polyphonic synthesizer.
OVox is amazing on vocals and incredible on anything else. You can experiment and discover unique results with OVox on drums, bass and other instruments. It's also an amazing sounding synth in its own right, even when not triggered by vocals or other external sounds.
- Voice-controlled synth and vocal processor for endless vocal manipulation.
- Powered by Waves Organic ReSynthesis technology.
- Create classic vocoder and talkbox effects to futuristic vocal morphing.
- Plugin or standalone app.
- Easy to use, no routing necessary.
- Pitch/tune, harmonizer, vocal arpeggiation, more.
- Packed with hundreds of presets.
- Automatic Note Mapper to trigger chords, harmonies or scales from your vocal.
- Sing straight into OVox — or use a MIDI keyboard, guitar, or any instrument as a carrier.
- Built-in 8-voice synthesizer with dual high-resolution synth engines.
- Nine customizable LFOs/Sequencer, ADSR and ORS modulators.
- Six modulatable FX: AutoPan, Chorus, Compressor, Delay, Distortion, Reverb.
- Fully modulatable four-band EQ.
- Coming soon: SoundGrid-compatibility for real-time low-latency live use and NKS-ready for Native Instruments Maschine and Komplete Kontrol.
Intro Price: $69 (Reg. $149).