Bitwig Studio 3 - Modern Music Production and Performance
for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Discover Bitwig Studio 3, the innovative music creation and performance software. Arrange in the timeline, perform in the Clip Launcher, and build audio devices in The Grid.
Bitwig Studio takes your musical ideas through each stage of production.
- Intuitive sequencing for the studio world and beyond: Use the nonlinear Clip Launcher and the Arranger together.
- Hybrid Tracks can contain notes, audio, or both.
- Use tabs to open multiple projects at once and drag-and-drop between them.
- Multi-display support for up to three displays.
- A truly cross-platform DAW (Windows, macOS, Linux).
- Native VST plug-in bridge (for 32-/64-bit support), and VST crash protection. so audio never stops. Also includes delay compensation, flexible multi-out, and sidechain capabilities.
- Eight diverse time-stretching algorithms.
- Hardware- and modular-friendly: Send and receive control voltage signals (CV/Gate).
- Multi-touch support for Windows and Linux, with a dedicated Tablet display profile.
- Flexible syncing options: MIDI clock, MIDI time code, Analog clock, Ableton LINK.
- Support of numerous MIDI controllers out of the box and native MPE support for next-generation controllers.
Modular and Expressive:
- Bitwig Studio's unique Modulation System features 30+ Modulators (LFOs, envelopes, and other creative tools). These can freely modulate Bitwig devices, VST plug-ins, and hardware, allowing precise control of each parameter.
- Device Nesting allows devices and plug-ins to be embedded within other devices. This makes complex structures easy to navigate and presets much richer.
Advanced Editing Options:
- Layered editing of multiple clips, across multiple tracks.
- Each audio clip can be cut into individual audio events for powerful editing and arranging.
- Bounce and Bounce in Place for Clips or time selection.
90+ Devices Included
Bitwig Studio devices are virtual instruments, audio effects, and other tools for crafting signal into sound. The extensive array of included devices can cover all your sound design needs, from the subtle to the extreme.
Bitwig Studio includes instruments and effects such as:
- Polysynth, our subtractive synthesizer: Two flexible oscillators plus drive, waveshaping, feed-back, and a lush filter equals so much more.
- Drum Machine: Drop in samples or electronic drum synths. Each note is now its own audio chain.
- Sampler: A versatile instrument for playing and manipulating audio with several playback modes, including granular or wavetable options and much more.
- Amp: A flexible and powerful amp simulator.
- Phase-4: A four-oscillator phase modulation and phase distortion synthesizer.
- for classic, modern, and future sounds.
- The Grid is an open modular sound design environment that powers a family of new devices in Bitwig Studio 3. It includes a vast library of modules and a supersonic workflow.
A full starter kit right out of the box: Over 2,000 sounds and factory presets, including: drum machines, acoustic drums, multi-sampled instruments, instrument loops, sound effects, various synth presets, and curated Artist Collections.