|Product||Abbey Road Studio 3|
|Type / Tags||Headphone Calibrator / Simulator|
Abbey Road Studio 3 is a plugin, created in collaboration with Abbey Road Studios and powered by Waves' Nx immersive audio technology.
The Studio 3 control room is Abbey Road's flagship mix room, designed by the world's greatest acousticians to provide the ultimate music production and mixing environment. This unique control room is home to music's greatest legends. From modern classics by Radiohead, Amy Winehouse and Kanye West, to contemporary mixes of the Beatles and Pink Floyd, to number-one chart toppers by Frank Ocean, Brockhampton and Florence + the Machine: all were recorded, mixed and perfected at Abbey Road Studio 3.
The Waves Abbey Road Studio 3 plugin brings the acoustics of the Studio 3 control room into your headphones – in glorious three-dimensional sound, powered by Waves' pioneering Nx technology for immersive 3D audio. This unique plugin, used with any set of headphones, gives you the same stellar audio qualities that make Studio 3 the world's best studio control room. Now, you can produce and mix as if you were inside Abbey Road Studio 3 – and hear your music the way the world's greatest musicians and producers heard theirs, with:
- The same supreme clarity of stereo and surround image.The same acoustic response that unveils every detail in your sessions.
- The same combination of impeccable room acoustics and state-of-the-art near-field, mid-field and far-field speakers.
- The same well-balanced sustain across the entire frequency spectrum — the hallmark of expertly treated rooms.
- The same accurate low-end sustain — notoriously difficult to achieve on headphones.
With Abbey Road Studio 3 inside your headphones, you can now trust your headphone mixes like never before, and you can produce and mix with greater confidence:
- You have the ultimate reference environment for your headphone mixes.
- You can better predict how your headphone productions will translate to speaker systems of all types.
- You can hear true-to-life spatial depth on your headphones, with the same detail and panoramic sound image you would hear sitting in the sweet spot of Studio 3.
- You can reliably mix the low end on headphones.
In addition, this plugin also delivers full 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound, modeled after the studio's original surround setup. You can mix professionally for surround – on any set of stereo headphones.
Abbey Road Studio 3 is useful in a wide range of scenarios in which many producers and mixers often find themselves:
- If you're on the go, you can take Abbey Road Studio 3 with you.
- If you don't have a perfectly treated mix room – now you do.
- If you do have a great room – now you have the world's best room for more reliable reference.
- If you collaborate on music with others – now you all have the same acoustic environment to refer to when sending mixes back and forth.
If you need to start a 5.1 or 7.1 mix workflow in your DAW without having access to a full set of surround speakers, or if you need to create a 5.1 or 7.1 premix before going into a surround sound mix studio for final tweaks – now you can do so on headphones.