|Type / Tags||Subtractive SynthesisClassic KeyboardsKeyboardsMPESynth (Analogue / Subtractive)|
Any Windows Machine
OS X 10.7 or newer
Addiction Synth is a professional, versatile, subtractive synthesizer. It can be easily made to sound like anything from a sweet, light organ, to a sharp, funky clav. This synth makes it extremely easy to create new presets and share them with other users. A high def spectrum display shows you exactly what the main filter is doing at all times. Also, automation has never been easier. You can apply an LFO to any or all parameters, and see them move in response.
There are multiple oscillator, velocity sensitivity, mono/polyphonic switching, versatile LFOs and filter, waveform skewing (pulse width modulation for all oscillators and LFOs), moog style tone knobs, professional spectrum display, automation, and full effects chaining. In short, everything you would expect with any of the most professional synths.
Reviewed By tommyzai
July 15, 2015
Addiction Synth by Stagecraft Software is a simple, super sounding subtractive virtual instrument. The interface is inviting, not intimidating. All the features are streamlined to deliver power without complication. It's easy to use, yet surprisingly versatile and sonically deep. Scanning the presets reveals a surprising tonal array, ranging from digital clarity to analog thickness. It gives a lot of sound for a little price.
• Clean Interface that is graphically pleasing and functional.
• Straightforward workflow for tweaking.
• Attractive, convenient spectrum display that reveals programming adjustments graphically in real-time.
• Shallow learning curve — user friendly — simple — intuitive.
• Usable presets.
• Small footprint.
• CPU friendly.
• Enthusiastic, responsive developer.
• Sweet Price.
• Naming a SUBtractive synth ADDiction may seem odd to some. I found a few interesting re-name suggestions on Synthtopia, including,"SUBiquitous" and "SUBmission."
• Not fully-featured, but isn't that part of its charm?
• More, more, more factory presets/patches. Hopefully a 3rd party develops a bank or two.
• Standalone version?
Addiction Synth by Stagecraft Software is simple, yet powerful virtual synth that is being sold at a bargain price. I highly recommend this plugin to anyone looking to learn subtractive synthesis — Yes, I think this would be an excellent "learner's synth." According to the developer,"This synth is designed to let you see exactly how a synth is built." Addiction Synth would also be useful for just about any eMusician, who needs a solid basic synth that is easy to program and sounds great. Tommy Zai gives Addiction Synth two handy thumbs up. Thank you, Stagecraft Software, for designing this little gem.