I really wanted this to work, but no instructions, old YouTube videos, which don't help and an unstable product that keeps locking up Ableton Live. No presets just a text entry saying loading which it never does. A supposedly online preset library, again nothing appears. But the worst thing is that all it displays a message dead centre of the application stating "No Launchpad Connected", even though it is and setup as described and actually responds to pad pressure. Wish I had never parted with the money for it, total waste of money as its not cheap as such and appears not to be supported with any backup/tutorials/documentation. I can't mind read so some documentation would be nice other than a few lines on the website.Read Review
Addiction Synth by Stagecraft Software is a simple, super sounding subtractive virtual instrument. The interface is inviting, not intimidating. All the features are streamlined to deliver power without complication. It's easy to use, yet surprisingly versatile and sonically deep. Scanning the presets reveals a surprising tonal array, ranging from digital clarity to analog thickness. It gives a lot of sound for a little price.
• Clean Interface that is graphically pleasing and functional.
• Straightforward workflow for tweaking.
• Attractive, convenient spectrum display that reveals programming adjustments graphically in real-time.
• Shallow learning curve — user friendly — simple — intuitive.
• Usable presets.
• Small footprint.
• CPU friendly.
• Enthusiastic, responsive developer.
• Sweet Price.
• Naming a SUBtractive synth ADDiction may seem odd to some. I found a few interesting re-name suggestions on Synthtopia, including,"SUBiquitous" and "SUBmission."
• Not fully-featured, but isn't that part of its charm?
• More, more, more factory presets/patches. Hopefully a 3rd party develops a bank or two.
• Standalone version?
Addiction Synth by Stagecraft Software is simple, yet powerful virtual synth that is being sold at a bargain price. I highly recommend this plugin to anyone looking to learn subtractive synthesis — Yes, I think this would be an excellent "learner's synth." According to the developer,"This synth is designed to let you see exactly how a synth is built." Addiction Synth would also be useful for just about any eMusician, who needs a solid basic synth that is easy to program and sounds great. Tommy Zai gives Addiction Synth two handy thumbs up. Thank you, Stagecraft Software, for designing this little gem.