The Ampeg B-15 bass amp defined the sound of recorded electric bass. From Motown sides with James Jamerson to classic Stax records with Donald "Duck" Dunn, this 30-watt, 1x15, all-tube brute oozes character — delivering a warm and fat fundamental note that laid the foundation for '60s and '70s rock, funk, and soul.
Developed by Brainworx, the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier plug-in perfectly emulates the circuitry, tone stack, and iconic thump of Ampeg's limited-edition Heritage B-15N bass amp — exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and
Now You Can:
- Track and reamp with legendary all-tube, B-15 tone — from jazzy clean to warm overdrive to heavy distortion.
- Harness two flavors of the iconic B-15 circuit — 1964 and 1966 — each with switchable bias controls for further tweaking.
- Hone your tone with the robust and meticulously emulated two-band Baxandall EQ.
- Audition 42 separate high-end recording chains, featuring four different cabinets and multiple classic microphones.
- The classic tone of the studio staple Ampeg B-15N bass amp used on countless hit recordings.
- 2 distinct preamp circuits (1964 and 1966) producing two flavors of vintage Ampeg bass sound.
- Unison technology for the tone, touch, and feel of the classic B-15N preamp section.
- Tone Controls: Baxandall style Bass and Treble (per channel).
- 42 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinets recorded in a state of the art room with stellar gear.
- Feels like a real amp when played through Apollo's Realtime UAD Processing.
- Physical input impedance and hands-on control of Gain staging with Unison technology.
A Note about UAD Powered Plug-ins
UAD-2 and UAD-1 Powered Plug-Ins run exclusively on Universal Audio's UAD DSP Accelerator Cards. All available Powered Plug-Ins are included in the UAD Software Installer/Updater Package; and every Plug-In title has a separately activated 14-day trial -- so users can try before they buy, at their own pace. Once a user decides to purchase a Plug-In, they can click on the Plug-In toolbar "Buy" button, which automatically takes them to the www.uaudio.com website and carts the plug in; or this can be done manually via browsing our webstore. Once the purchase is complete, a downloadable Authorization File is made available. Users simply drag and drop this Auth. File into the UAD meter, and the Plug-In is authorized. UAD-1 users can transfer Plug-In licenses to UAD-2 format for free (one time only). Via Customer Support, Universal Audio also allows registered UAD owners to sell their UAD card(s) with Plug-In licenses, transferring the licenses to the new card owner (subject to Universal Audio approval).