AmpliTube Brian May is a special guitar, one-of-a-kind gear, unmistakable sound. Brian May's guitar tone has powered some of the biggest rock anthems the world has ever heard. His intricately-layered harmonized leads, muscular rhythm guitar, and sweet clean tones blazed a path for rock guitarists, proving that rock music can have both brains and brawn.
Available in a convenient desktop app and plug-in for your DAW, AmpliTube Brian May carefully replicates his rig, including 2 amps, 3 cabinets, and 5 stompbox effects, all modeled with the supervision of May himself.
We used our latest Dynamic Interaction Modeling to deliver the highest level of ultra-realistic sound when modeling Brian's gear. The product of 20 years' experience modeling analog gear, DIM models the behavior of EVERY component in the circuit all the way down to its smallest nuance and character. IK models have set the industry standard evidenced by our co-branding recognition from the most influential partners in the industry such as Fender, Ampeg, Orange, Soldano and many more. Applied to Brian May's rig, the result is the same sound and feel you'd get from the real gear as he used in the recording studio and live in concert.
What's included in AmpliTube Brian May.
- BM 30 Based on the classic triple VOX AC30 setup, this model offers 3 amps with the effects chain in a Wet-Dry-Wet configuration to match Brian May's iconic setup.
- BM DK Originally created by John Deacon, after modifying an old radio. This small amp soon became the trademark sound of many Queen songs.
- 2x12 BM 30 Blue Triple cabinet based on the cab section of VOX AC30 equipped with with Celestion Alnico Blue speakers.
- 2x12 BM 30 H70 Triple cabinet based on the cab section of VOX AC30 equipped with with Celestion G12H Anniversary speakers.
- 1x6 BM DK Cabinet section of the BM DK amp, featuring a 6" speaker, modeled after the mysterious "Deacy" amp.
- Red Special Created by a detailed study of Brian May's famous guitar, this helps add the unique tonality and controls of the Red Special itself.
- Treble Booster Based on the original KAT Treble Booster, this stompbox effect will enrich your guitar tone similar to Brian May's by boosting it before it reaches the amp.
- May Wah Based on a rackmount Dunlop Cry Baby wah, modeled in the exact configurations Brian uses to shape his tone.
- FOX Phaser Based on fOXX Foot Phaser, a pedal-controlled phaser with a unique and distinctive sound.
- Star Gate This noise gate helps clean up the signal chain, minimizing the noise feeding Brian's unique amp and pedal setup.