|Type / Tags||Synth (Hybrid)Synth (FM)Synth (Phase Distortion)Synth (Semi Modular)|
- 2 Standard modelled oscillators.
- 1 Phase distortion modelled oscillator.
- 2 (Osc AB and BC) Ring Modulators.
- 3 Independent Clippers.
- 3 Independent Amp envelopes.
- 3 Independent SV filters with Crossmix.
- 3 Independent filter envelopes.
- 1 Modulator envelope.
- 1 Frequency Modulation Envelope module.
- 1 Modulator with many sources and 78 destinations.
- 2 BPM synced LFOs with many sources and 2x78 destinations.
- Total of 234 routing options.
- 2 BPM synced filter delay's with auto-panning and auto-crossing.
- Stereo chorus L/R.
- Double purpose CV/Groove Sequencer.
- 1 Phrase arpeggiator with groove control.
- 4 Panels (effects / arpeggiator-CV / Groovesettings / miscellaneous / about).
- 64 Standard editable patches.
Reviewed By jedilaw
April 1, 2008
The sound quality is simply fantastic, right up there with many of the commercial softsynths I've come across. The built-in step sequencer for arpeggios is a great feature, and it's dead simple to use. I have not tried every one of the presets that are included with Analog Warfare, but the ones that I have tried have been very well done. The presets definitely show that Analog Warfare is capable of a very wide variety of sounds and textures.
The one thing I might wish for is a comprehensive user's guide. Analog Warfare is very powerful, and very flexible, and anything to assist the new user in learning his way around would be appreciated. I know that there are FAQ files for the older versions of Analog Warfare, but I'm not sure everything carries over to the current model. That being said, this is a free synth, and writing manuals is a time-consuming effort, so I totally understand the relative paucity of documentation.
Overall, I think Analog Warfare would be very useful for musicians working in any number of genres. You can get 70s-style bass synths out of it, acid-type leads, and really nice ambient pads as well. The arpegiator allows you to quickly put together a rhythmic bed for your song.Read more