No Longer Available
|Type / Tags||Modulation FXComb FilterFSUGlitcherReverse DelayRing ModulatorTremolo|
32-bit or 64-bit VST 2 compatible host
Anything Mod is a stereo audio effect plugin and a project to make it grow, so far it is a reverse delay, a ring modulator (analogue type), a waveshaper, a comb filter, and a glitch generator, but it's not a multi-effect in the standard meaning.
Multi-effect usually means that you have more than one effect module in the same plugin, they are separate modules with a fixed routing or assignable at best, while in Anything Mod the effects interact with each other, both in the audio path and in the parameters settings. That makes it a unique kind of modulator.
As the name would say, Anything Mod is a modulator with a wide range of applications, it can be used on voice, guitars, drums and percussions, and any synths sound. The applied sound modulation can be soft or medium to enrich the source, or extreme transforming the sound source into "something else".
Anything Mod 1.0 is free, currently it's a VST plugin for Windows, in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Anything Mod comes bundled with another new free plugin: the " Tube Gain Booster". I wanted to add a feature to level the audio output of Anything Mod, which is quite variable, but I decided to make that into a separate plugin to be inserted after Anything Mod (actually it''s good also to put AM post TGB).
Of course you can also use "Tube Gain Booster" on its own. Read more about TGB, which is more than a simple booster, at the Anything Mod web page linked below.
*** What is the Anything Mod project?
Luigi says: "There are a number of features I would add to this plugin and make it a much powerful and complete product, let's call it Anything Mod Pro, but I would do that with your help. On its web page you can find a set of buttons, each one is linked to a message and a donation (using PayPal). The donation amount can be anything from 1 cent to what you like, that's for any button, but you should choose the button with the message that is more important to you. So depending on the donations and the messages received I will develop Anything Mod Pro, in the direction you suggest. Moreover I will select a number of donors for a free license of Anything Mod Pro.
(Note that Anything Mod 1.0+ and Tube Gain Booster 1.0+ are free and will remain 100% free to use for anybody in any way. You don't need to donate to use the plugins.)
(This is an experimental project, NUSofting will continue in the shareware software development as usual.)
Read about some of features I already planned for Anything Mod Pro at its web page."
To download Tube Gain Booster and Anything Mod VST 32-bit and 64-bit for Windows please go to nusofting.liqihsynth.com/anything_mod.html and follow the instructions.
*** Which are the Anything Mod 1.0 parameters?
Currently Anything Mod has 8 parameters:
- DryWet: -10 = Bypass, + 10 full Wet.
- ModFreq: from 0.5 Hz to 2905 Hz.
- FdbkAmnt: from 0 to 11.
- MaxFilterFreq: from 23 to 6823 Hz.
- MinFilterFreq: from 23 to 6823 Hz.
- DepthFilt: from 0 (filter off) to 20.
- StereoGlitches: from 0 to 32.
- Gain2FX: from 0 (effect off) to 20.
- DryWet simply does what it says no needs to explain further.
- ModFreq can go from sub audio to 2905 Hz max, in sub audio range the reverse delay is more effective, ModFreq adjusts the ring modulator, the delay time and the modulation rate of the filters.
- Best effects can be achieved automating this parameter.
- FdbkAmnt adjust the feedback amount to the delay lines and also the saturation leading to distortion or even whistles.
- MaxFilterFreq and MinFilterFreq have the same range and can be inverted (min bigger than max), that would reverse the waveshape which modulates the filters.
- ModFreq modulation is smoother when the MaxFilterFreq and MinFilterFreq are inverted.
- DepthFilt adjusts the crossfading between the unfiltered and the filtered signal, a DryWet control for the filters only.
- StereoGlitches add "jumps" to the pointers that read the two delay lines, but different jumps for each of the two stereo channels.
- Gain2FX adjust the level of the input to the effect.