The aXDelay by SSA Plugins plugin is a delay with feedback and individual rotation of delays. It is available in three variations: first-order, third-order and seventh-order.
Parameters and Features
The aXDelay has the following parameters and features for creative control of your Ambisonic sound field:
- Five individual delay modules - control 5 modules each with their own delay, feedback and placement in the sound field.
- Delay Time (manual or sync'd to DAW tempo) - control how much delay there is between the direct sound and the echo.
- Delay Gain - the level of the delayed signal relative to the dry input signal.
- Feedback Gain - the gain applied to the feedback signals. Lower gains lead to faster decay.
- Yaw, pitch and roll rotation of delay signal direction - rotate the sound field relative to the original so the echoes arrive from a different point on the 3D sphere.
- Individual tap bypass - bypass individual delay modules.
- Dry Level - control the level of the dry input signal.
- Wet Level - control the level of all delayed signal modules.
Input: AmbiX (SN3D/ACN) format Ambisonics.
Output: AmbiX (SN3D/ACN) format Ambisonics.
Available Versions: The aXDelay is available with 3 levels of spatial resolution, with different maximum Ambisonic orders:
- a1Delay - delay effect for first-order Ambisonic signals.
- a3Delay - delay effect for up-to third-order Ambisonic signals.
- a7Delay - delay effect for up-to seventh-order Ambisonic signals.