39.99€ | iOS $9.99
|Type / Tags|
Win XP or later
VST: OS 10.6+ (Intel)
AudioUnit: Logic, OS 10.9+ (64x Intel)
Standalone: OS 10.5+ (Intel)
iOS 7.0 / iPad
B-Step Sequencer is a unique, powerful step sequencer plugin and standalone application for creating melodic loops, chord progressions, arpeggios, drum grooves, and basslines.
B-Step Sequencer comes with an array of features like chord programming, sequencer ratcheting, shuffle, drag-n-drop, copy, MIDI learn, and much, much more. An embedded manual and intelligently sorted presets help users get up to speed quickly.
You can test this Sequencer for free: download it on B-Step Sequencer.
Designed for Creating:
- Chord progressions.
- Drum grooves.
- Experimental parts.
The User Interface:
- Full multi-touch support.
- Clean, free customizable style.
- Embedded user manual.
- Create your own color themes.
- Up to four independent sequencers in one.
- Sequencer ratcheting/step repeats.
- Monophonic and polyphonic playback modes.
- Pattern auto chaining.
- Reverse playback.
- Measurements from 1/16th to more than 4/4th.
- Step probability.
- Partial bar replays.
- Send control and program changes at each step.
- 5x6 chords per project.
- Define random chords from 12 scales.
- 16-steps * 4-tracks * 16 pattern.
- Skip, mute, and other functions.
- Drag-n-drop (copy for bars and step).
- Multi drag (copy the state of one slider or button to all of its siblings).
- Bar snapshots (copy and past on the fly from/to an advanced clipboard).
- MIDI clock master (up to 400 BPM).
- Syncable to other MIDI sequencers.
- 5x MIDI OUT to control up to 5 hardware or software synthesizers (4x independent).
- 1x MIDI IN for sync to another master.
- MIDI thru.
- MIDI clock/sync thru.
- 1x IN & OUT for MIDI controller (for MIDI learn).
- 2x IN & OUT for Novation Launchpad.
- Auto restore MIDI connections.
- Native Novation Launchpad support (for up to two Launchpads).
- Advanced MIDI learn.
- Sends feedback to MIDI controllers.
System / MIDI:
- CoreMIDI, virtual MIDI, network MIDI.
- Audiobus (iOS).
- Auto save and load last session (project, controllers, settings).
- Project notes.
- Import and export of your projects and other data (via mail or text).
- Share your projects on the B-ProjectRepository.
- Fast support via mail or in the forum.
Take a look how easy it is to create an arpeggio.
Or how to use this sequencer in a live performance.
Reviewed By tommyzai
May 6, 2014
B-Step by Monoplugs is a melodic chord-based step sequencer (16 step/16 bar) that enables users to effortlessly create melodies, counter melodies, and bass lines. I use it for song writing in a home studio as well as live improv in a classroom setting. It reminds me of the add-on step sequencer I bought for my Roland S-550 sampler a while back. Long after I sold the sampler, I thought about how useful that sequencer was. .. many song foundations were created with that step sequencer. But alas, I finally found something better! My B-Step workflow features a MacBook Pro with either the built-in trackpad or my MIDI controller. I've heard great things about B-Step's Launchpad integration, but sadly I prematurely sold mine. This must also be amazing to use with a touchscreen. The B-Step interface is neat, clean, cool looking, easy to use, and inspires creativity — it's a lot of fun! It's great for simple mono melodies and riffs, but really shines as a chord progression designer via the chord editor. Individual note, bar, and global parameters can be tweaked in vivo (duration, velocity, octave, etc.).
MY FAVORITE FEATURES
- Clean, user-friendly GUI with a few color profiles.
- CPU friendly.
- Drag n' Drop MIDI.
- Plugin + Standalone.
- Innovative, responsive developers.
- B-Step is addictive. Are there any 12-step programs for 16-step sequencer junkies?
I highly recommend B-Step to any and all eMusicians, producers, film/game scorers, DJs, and anyone else looking to add an amazing creative tool to their MIDI toolkit. This plugin/app not only plays well with others, it was clearly designed to augment and enhance your digital audio workflow! And, the price is insanely cheap. It's a MUST GET for any tracker, who appreciates the freedom and inspiration of a powerful step sequencer. Tommy Zai gives B-Step two sweetly programmed thumbs up. Thank you, Monoplugs, for developing a fantastic bit of audio software.Read more