|Type / Tags||Plug-in Chainer / Rack|
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
BloXpander is a software plug-ins host originally designed to meet the requirements of musicians and engineers in "live" situations (but it can find a place in the studio as well). Its interface is visually attractive and clear, the construction of projects and the access to prepared instruments and effects is very fast. The plug-ins manipulation is direct (especially when BloXpander is coupled to an external MIDI controller).
- Software host for VST plug-ins.
- Full featured virtual console:
- 24 channels.
- 4 Auxiliary bus + 1 Master bus.
- 6 inserts per channels (theoretical 174 Instruments / FX slots).
- Advanced support for external MIDI controllers (lets you control the mixer and plug-ins):
- Control up to 8 plug-ins (8 parameters each) with just 8 potentiometers + 8 buttons.
- Displays the controlled targets names on screen.
- Lightning fast configuration procedure.
- Mackie Control protocol supported.
- Advanced routing:
- Global management of MIDI and Audio streams (MIDI VST Fx supported).
- Assign the same MIDI input port to several channels (MIDI Split).
- Assign the same Audio inputs to several channels (Audio Split).
- Assign any available audio and/or MIDI output or the Master bus to any channel.
- Pre/Post fader selector (aux sends).
- Specific routing solutions for "multi out" and "sidechain capable" plug-ins.
- Audio inputs monitoring.
- Outputs Solo and Mute functions.
- Inserts Bypass function.
- Full screen friendly and fast interface:
- Designed as the panel of a hardware unit.
- Touch screen friendly (for critical functionality).
- No main menu and no massive amount of overlapping windows.
- Auto-created visual representation of your plug-ins (GUI screenshots).
- "Drag 'n Drop" your plug-ins and their states from insert to insert (copy / move).
- Supports multi-screens.
- Netbook friendly (accepts a resolution of 1024x600 pixels and makes any "large" plug-ins moveable).
- "Libraries" system:
- Store and callback a plug-in and its state from one double-click on a large zone.
- Custom management of your favorite plug-ins and presets.
- "Sets" and "scenes":
- Store and callback the complete state of BloXpander ("Scene") from one double-click.
- Organize your scenes as "sets" (easy and fast access to what you need during a show).
- Categorized Plugins library ("The Case").
- Optimized and secured operations:
- Analyze your plug-ins compatibility from a stand-alone tool (limits the eventuality of the main application malfunctioning).
- Fast launching.
- And more:
- Tempo adjustment (« Tap tempo » feature).
- MIDI panic.
- Plugins transparency.
- "Shell" plug-ins compliance.
Reviewed By rank
May 23, 2013
BloXpander - Testing Stability and I'm Totally BLOWN AWAY!
First, I downloaded the Demo. checked it out a bit. (I use multiple instances of Kontakt 5 in my live setup).
Demo kept freezing. not good. Then Philippe suggested I disable the Multicore Processor Support button/ or experiment with disabling Kontakt's same through the Library panel.
I did. Seemed good...played around a bit, purchased the product.
MAN, this is a beast. I mean granted, I have a lot of horsepower under the hood (see my signature for some details of my system) but this program is able to unleash ALL of it. I have never been able to load all of this (below) and TRY to crash it and it WON'T.
And no, I'm not on the payroll, I know very little about this company. I actually stumbled upon.
I loaded all of this and everything is on and playing:
- - 6 instances of Kontakt 5 (Big Libraries 16 channels each--all samples loaded utilizing only three or four channels each).
- - 2 Omnisphere (8 ch each - all loaded, but using only 2 to 3 ch each).
- - 1 Saurus (Tone 2).
- - 2 SynthMaster 2.
I still have headroom. Amazing.
I have yet to scratch the surface as far as implementation (I wish it had an easier graphical keyboard split setup interface, for example--because i have to do a LOT of that).
But this program is feature packed and so far STABLE with all that I am throwing at it at once.
My Kontakt libraries include:
Various Piano libraries
Orange Tree Samples (various guitars, Mind Control,and Passion Flute)
Keybd Rig: Open Labs Neko, 15 in. tch-scrn. Presonus FireStudio card,
WIN 7 64-Bit 6-core Zeon5500 | 24gigs RAM | Novation Impulse 61 controller.
Plugins used in set: Kontakt 5(++ instances) NI Komplete 7, Omnisphere, SynthMaster2, Tone 2 Saurus & more.
Reviewed By jam92189
December 23, 2012
I am a long time fan and owner of many eareckon plugins. I have a mac and a PC and on my mac i have ableton pro tools logic and reaper. pc basically the same except logic. now I don't do beats much and when i do i use my mac because of logic but often times i do do live performances or help friends with there live music setup. now as a guitar player i find bio expander a great way to work when im practicing or doing live sound stuff on my pc. I know lots of people say ableton for live but i kinda only have it because when I got into SAE it came with tuition.
I love how this is for windows both 32 and 64bit. The stability is fantastic and not to mention how I can choose to setup channels to mix life sound make a guitar emulation or even work with midi. Latency is not a issue with this program and the way it handles CPU load thanks to 64bit is great.
You can do many many things including saving your setup as a preset so when lets say you do one song need to move on to the next you can just load it up and away you got. the interface is maybe a little big and bulky if you like everything super tiny but for my bad eyes its perfect in the dark.
besides that I would say its pretty dope for those of us who dont like that flat weird look of ableton. dont get me wrong ableton is great for DJ's and stuff but im a pro tools guy and this works better for live sound for me. PS i mean real live sound instruments singers stuff like that for bands and stuff.
looks 10/10 because the way it looks makes my eyes not bleed in the dark
workflow 9/10 takes a quick minuet to get but once its got its got
stability 10/10 hasn't crashed on me once yet.
preset no need
compatibility 7/10 i give it a 7 because its both 32 and 64bit but no mac and that would make it just perfect for me"HINT"
manual all eareckon plugins have very nice manuals 10/10
overall 8.5 out of 10 because no mac but it works great and I love it.Read more