Located in the South Congress area of Austin, Vince's Cathedral of Junk rises at least 30 feet into the sky amongst the towering trees in his backyard and probably weighs in at well over 50 tons up to three stories tall. The entire structure is built from a mind-blowing collection of old TVs, car parts, machinery, building materials, appliances and an endless host of scrap, parts, objects, toys and stuff, from commonplace and identifiable to inexplicable and perplexing.
We met up with a few local friends of Soundiron for a little field trip and picked, pulled and prodded the structure to find a few dozen unique objects and surfaces to bash some cool sounds out of with drumsticks. This library includes playable multi-sampled instruments of the coolest and most musical oddities we found, edited and programmed with precision for maximum playability and musicality. It covers everything from old cymbals and refrigerators to saw blades and artificial legs, but tried to focus on tonal instruments to provide a broad new palette of expressive tuned percussion. The end result is a grand scrap orchestra, and a fitting tribute to the The Junk King's Cathedral of Junk.
- 1 master NKI instrument bank in open Kontakt format.
- 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets.
- 542 MB Installed.
- 521 Samples.
- 24-bit / 48 kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio.
- Flexible and intuitive multi-layer user interface controls, with LFO, filter, glide, and arpeggiator.
- Full FX rack with convolution reverb with custom rooms, halls, chambers & FX environments.