|Product||Code Red Free|
|Developer||Shattered Glass Audio|
|Type / Tags||Console EmulationMastering|
Code Red Free is inspired by a classic, all tube, British console form the late 60s. The original console was known for its EQ, bold and punchy character, and the warmth it imparted. The Beatles recorded most of their material using this, and other versions of this console. Easily recognized overdriven sound of the Beatles' Revolution was created by chaining two preamps from this console.
- Accurately modeled original EQ with "Classic" and "Pop" modes.
- Additional EQ options in addition to the original EQ.
- High fidelity model of the original preamp based on the full circuit simulation.
- Automatic 4x oversampling.
- Stereo processing mode with linked as well as separate Left and Right channel EQ and controls.
- Selectable Mono processing mode for increased efficiency when processing mono signal.
- Mid-Side processing mode.
- Dry-Wet mixing.
Reviewed By Gwugluud77
November 4, 2018
Not bad for being free. I'm skeptical that it really emulates what I think it's posing to be. Not especially characterful. I don't come back to it much. Not to say that it sucks by any stretch; it's a good EQ and gain-stager. It's an EQ going as a Redd channel strip for Halloween.Read more