Dancing Boy is a VCA-style feed-forward compressor. While it is capable of clean and transparent gain reduction, it is designed with an emphasis on more creative dynamics shaping. Great care has been taken to make sure that the behavior is as predictable as possible and any distortion is kept to the minimum, even with the most extreme settings.
- feed-forward compressor design, with optional side-chain.
- carefully designed RMS-style detector that reacts to signal energy.
- smooth ratio control from no compression at all, to twice the input dynamics.
- adjustable range and parallel mix for further adjustment possibilities.
- optional output safety clipper.