Devastor 2 RE is a simple Multiband Distortion Unit. It is an enhanced version of the distortion unit from Phoscyon.
Devastor 2 RE consists of four essential blocks:
- Dynamics-flattener module (one-knob controlled input signal compressor).
- Diode-clipper distortion.
- Three multi-mode filter sections.
- Optionally activated signal limiter.
The plug-in offers nine different connection topologies between its filters and diode-clipper. Filters can process the signal before or after it gets fed into the diode-clipper, but some of the configurations even allow the filters to work alongside the clipper.
Devastor's filters are not simply the peaking EQ type which are commonly used in classic multiband distortion units: rather, they are like those found in analog synthesizers (low pass, high pass, band pass and band reject) with adjustable resonance and cutoff parameters.
- Diode-clipper emulation.
- Analog-modeled filters.
- Dynamics flattener.
- Optional output limiter.
- 9 different topologies of connections for filters and the diode-clipper.
- 64-bit internal processing.
- Ultra low aliasing output.
Devastor 2 RE is available at Propellerheads online shop.