|Type / Tags||Sampler (Loop Tool / Slicer)|
Disturbance is a sample player that is primarily intended for the glitching/mangling of drum loops but it can also be useful with melodic material, vocals, and pretty much anything else you want to feed it. Disturbance can be used to create subtle variations and effects, or it can warp your source material into something completely new.
Disturbance is similar to a slicer, but a bit different. It works by chopping up a loop into 64 equal parts, then sequencing their playback, and each slice in Disturbance has its own loop point. In addition to offering several playback order options, Disturbance also offers sequenced filtering, distortion, pitch shifting, slice length adjustment, several types of playback randomizations, as well as loop point adjustment, dual delays, and non sequenced pitch shifting which can even be set to track MIDI note input, allowing you to turn anything you load into Disturbance into a playable synth oscillator. Additionally, you can even turn off the clock and use your modulation wheel (CC1) to move forwards and backwards through the loop, almost like a wavetable.
Sequencer related features:
- Slice length reduction.
- Filter cutoff (low or high pass filtering).
- Pitch shifting.
- Dirt (distortion + downsampling + filtering).
- Slice reverse.
- Random slice.
- 4 sequencer direction options.
- Mod wheel control over playback.
- Sequencer jitter effect.
- Host BPM sync or internal clock.
- Sequencer start/end point adjustment.
- Built in file browser.
- Dual Delay.
- Velocity sensitivity.
- Pitch Shifter with the option of fixed (non-sequenced) settings, MIDI note tracking, and portamento.
- 32 example/tutorial presets to get you started.