|Type / Tags||Music Notation Software|
Dorico redefines the gold standard in scoring software. Built from the ground up with today's multi-core 64-bit CPUs in mind, Dorico will take advantage of all of your system's horsepower while the intuitive workflows help you focus on each aspect of score preparation. The beauty and balance of Dorico's output is unrivaled, with hundreds of options to control every aspect of your music's appearance. And with Steinberg's award-winning audio engine at its heart, Dorico allows you to use your VST instruments and effects to produce great-sounding playback too.
Composing, arranging — or just writing and printing out music — is made much quicker and more efficient with Dorico. Thanks to its intelligent design, it automatically adjusts the notation as you write. With nearly 1,500 sounds included, arrangements can be played back with exceptional realism and, with no workarounds needed for advanced notation, Dorico produces excellent results much more quickly than has been possible before.
With its streamlined, natural user interface, students and those with less experience in scoring can compose and arrange straight into Dorico, making learning the language of music notation much faster and more intuitive. Editing and making changes — such as instrument, time signature or key — are straightforward, with the notation instantly and correctly adapting to include them, reinforcing the learning outcome. For teachers, producing teaching materials and hand-outs that mix music and text is easy, and it's never been quicker to adapt arrangements for your band, orchestra or other school ensemble.
Dorico is the perfect tool for music engraving, publishing and copying. It automatically lays out pages of balance and beauty, with comprehensive collision avoidance and advanced algorithms that handle almost any musical context with ease. Music made with Dorico has the look of the finest traditionally engraved music, and the software provides tweaking tools to satisfy the most demanding professional. Producing high-quality, crystal-clear scores for selling or performance has never been faster or easier.
Dorico engraves music better than almost any human can – producing beautifully clear results all by itself. And clearer results mean more accurate sight-reading, and shorter rehearsals.
We spent years consulting experienced engravers, leading music publishers, and hundreds of books and scores, to design the world's most sophisticated engraving algorithms. No other program incorporates anything like this level of expertise.
Attention has been lavished on every detail, from the meticulous design of the 3000 symbol Bravura font, to positioning rules for every notated element. Dorico can space music more tightly than any other program, tucking and kerning accidentals, etc. so that fast rhythms aren't distorted.
- Best automatic engraving of any software.
- Easy note input.
- Intelligently adjusts notation as you write.
- Any number of movements or pieces in a single project.
- Automatic layout of instrumental parts, including unique linked cues.
- Stunning playback — nearly 1,500 sounds included.
- Supports VST 3 virtual instruments and effects processors (30 included).
- Sequencer-style piano roll MIDI editor.
- DTP page layout.
- Sophisticated chord symbols, unpitched percussion and drum set notation.
- Unbarred music, tuplets across barlines, microtonality, etc. all handled correctly — no workarounds.
- Transfer to and from other programs via MusicXML, MIDI, PDF, etc.
- Accidentals: Normal, double, microtonal, custom.
- Multiple format Bar numbers.
- Bar repeats.
- Normal, double, final, repeat Barline types.
- 26 Clefs presets.
- Custom note and rest groupings.
- Custom brackets and braces.
- 9 presets, fully customizable Chord symbols.
- Divisi for divided string sections.
- Drum set notation.
- Fanned beams and stemlets.
- Fully customizable Key signatures.
- Holds and pauses.
- 30 presets, fully customizable Noteheads.
- Fully customizable Octave lines.
- Ossia staves.
- Change no. staves for instrument.
- Customizable Page numbers.
- Fully customizable Pedal lines.
- Customizable Playing techniques.
- Customizable Rehearsal marks.
- Repeat endings.
- Rhythm slashes.
- Single- and multi-note tremolos.
- Tempo markings.
- Customizable Unpitched orchestral/band percussion.