Dual Tech Tube Passive EQ v2
The main Idea behind v2 was to create the cleanest sampled example to date. Isolating bands and eliminating and/or reducing the effects of convertors aliasing filter where possible, for Superior transient response. More In depth info here.
Many hours were spent capturing this industry classic EQ. Great attention to detail was spent getting the best sonic, as well as capturing the famously aggressive band interaction found in this unit's Low Shelf (boost/attenuate). A huge amount of samples were needed to achieve this;I researched and experimented for a month before finalizing for release and the results are clearly audible.
The Low Shelf is very broad and on higher Hz settings reach well into the high mids, this means you can boost generously with minimal damage, giving a big warm sound rather than a tightening effect.
With clever use of the Attenuate, tightening of the Low Shelf is possible.
There are so many combinations of curve available here and thanks to the simple custom skin the library is a joy to work with, visually and audibly.
All three controls in the High Boost were captured – Boost, KCS (Hz) and Bandwidth.
- 4 sample rates 96, 88.2, 48, 44.1kHz.
- A choice of Two Unit's sampled, named U1 and U2.
- Low Shelf with boost frequency selection and attenuate.
- High Bell with bandwidth, boost and frequency selection.
- High shelf Attenuate with Attenuate and frequency selection.
- Line / Preamp.
- 10k traditional preamp (ultra low cpu).
- 2 clip presets, fat preset is a extreme clipper while pre 3k is a light clipper.