The heart of EST is a 12*Multi-timbral sampler. Each sampler can be controlled either by your host, MIDI-in or the internal step-sequencer. The step-sequencer contains 128 recallable patterns, which are clearly organized in banks, programs and variations. Each pattern contains complete sequences with triggers, notes and automation-data for the 12 samplers.
- Imports WAV and AIF with all known sub formats.
- Uses its own 32-bit-float format for setting up slots (a sample with extensions) and kits.
- Quick access via tree-menus and customizable sample-directory's.
- One shot, forward, backward, ping pong.
- Scalable root-key.
- Multi-sample support by using multiple rows and key zones (from/to).
- Sample-offset controllable.
- Up to 128 voices polyphony.
- Modes: Poly, Legato and Mono.
- Scalable Unison, Voice-Limit and Detune.
- Chord-mode (combinable with unison).
- Oscillator mode (waveform are used as oscillators) with 2 distortion modes and lp-filter.
- Volume, pan and morph with inertia.
- Pitchbend (global and single) with scalable range.
- Glide-mode (works even in poly mode) with adjustable glide-time.
- Amplitude envelope ADSR with velocity sense.
- Modulation envelope ADSR with velocity sense (can be modulated by LFO2).
- Two syncable LFOs with sin, tri, pulse, saw, saw up/down and scalable phase.
- Filter (lp, hp, bp, br, eq, ls, hs) with overdrive.
- Modulation of pitch, filter, morph and mod-adsr itself.
- Almost all parameters can be automated by the step-sequencer.
- Loop-recorder for reuse of sequences as samples or usage in other applications.
- Basic functions for mono/stereo-conversion, channel swap, normalize, gain and reverse.
- Menu option to edit and reload sample in your preferred sample-editor.
- Well structured, lightweight user-interface with customizable color-schemes.
- Visualization of used patterns.
- Step-LED's for visual feedback.
- Integrated Help system.
- Support for right mouse button, wheel.
- Almost all functions are available without control/shift keys.
Global settings and functions
- Preset browser.
- Scope and level display (with clip and sync indicator).
- Gain slider.
- Songinfo (opens linked web site or document).
- Sync mode (internal, host, manual).
- Key-select (auto-activation of rows regarding key-zone).
- Grid-size (piano-roll and drum-grid).
- Record velocity, delay-time and auto-step.
- Audition (editing and sample-import, velocity and gate-time).
- Host synchronization for tempo, transport.
- Inter process synchronization (mute, solo, play, record).
- Relative tempo from 1/32. to 32/1t.
- Sample accurate timing.
- Output-port (EST can use up to 12 outputs).
- Trigger channel (active, all and 1-16).
- Route (trigger other rows, make custom chords, trigger multi-samples).
- Relative transpose, velocity, gate-time and delay.
- Swing affecting delay and velocity (scalable first step and interval).
- Humanization for velocity, delay and gate-time.
- Step-divide, which allows to play a row in a different tempo (adjustable divide and length).
Live situation (MIDI-in targets)
- Bank, program and variation recall via MIDI-note.
- Start/Stop, Start, Mute/Solo, Sync.
- Navigation and editing via controllers (every single step can be controlled).
- MIDI-Learn function.
- Transpose via MIDI-note (global and single-row).
- Free and Hold mode.
- Step and Live recording.
- Adjustable auto-step, velocity and delay.
- Built-in Loop-Recorder, Wave-export.
- Record loop to sample.