Euphonia v2 by TB Pro Audio is an outstanding audio spectrum balancing plugin that subtly, but significantly works sonic wonders on tracks. It didn't take me long to appreciate the many benefits of adding this to my workflow. It's perfectly suited for mastering, but can also be used for restoration, re-mastering, sound design, and sculpting single tracks. Euphonia's original v1 interface was fun and inviting. I liked the original GUI as it had a bit of a vintage, lo-fi vibe, but this one sparkles with enhanced clarity.
The complex calculations are done behind the scenes, enabling the user to focus on the creative process — not mathematics. Soon after launching Euphonia, I knew it would become a permanent part of my music production. It's an excellent tool that fills a few vital important roles, most notably bringing the overall frequencies in line with the intended genre. This was something I once labored over when producing tracks, especially dance tracks. I would mix, master, press a test copy, beg a DJ friend to mix it in with other club music, and see how it matched up. It was all done by ear and/or guesswork. With Euphonia, there is less guessing and more smiling.
• Easy download, install, and authorization process • User-friendly, gorgeous Interface • Sounds great! The new version boasts enhanced spectrum matching. V2 creates more accurate filter curves even if the reference curve does not fit perfectly. • Good price • Innovative, responsive developer.
• There are two ways to capture audio. I prefer the off-line option, as it's much faster.
• The built-in curves are excellent, and v2 has custom reference curves, which will allow users to tailor the balancing for other genres and subgenres, i.e., Funk, Motown, R&B, Folk, etc.
• New zero delay operation mode. Very cool.
• There were some CPU spikes in v1, but I did not notice any with v2. The overall consumption is good considering the powerful processing that's going on.
• Audio files (WAV/AIFF) can not be instantly loaded as reference "ﬁngerprints" — much faster and more efficient.
The new, improved Euphonia is a handy plugin that is a must for anyone (eMusicians, producers, film and game scorers, sound designer, DJs, etc.), who are serious about making music that stand tall when compared to other tracks in its genre. It helps breathe life into music, not suck the life out of it! Tommy Zai gives Euphonia v2 two keenly balanced thumbs up. Thank you TB Pro Audio for creating such an essential plugin.
Note: This plugin will not take the place of mastering engineers, but it will help "set a solid (frequency balancing) ground for mastering." I stole this quote from an online comment.
Double Note: I recently reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled only the apps/plugins I love. This was one of the first re-installed.