Based on the synthesizer behind Explor3r, TLR's KVR Developer Challenge 2009 entry, Explor3r Extended is a three oscillator monosynth with channel-dedicated amplitude envelopes, low-pass filters and LFOs - all glued together with a matrix that allows both phase modulation and sync inputs on each oscillator to be fed by the output of any other oscillator (including itself).
After the main channels are done producing their sound, it is fed into various texturizing pathways that offer everything from 'tube' saturation to a noise channel with high cut, ring mod, global filtering and delay.
Although absolutely designed to perform as an analog-style monosynth, TLR also included the option to switch into a three-voice poly mode for those of you with a bit more CPU headroom.
Explor3r Extended can create anything from fat, complex leads to buzzy basses, droning sound effects, sweeping pads and terrible, screeching chaos.
- 3 oscillators with dedicated envelopes, filters, tuning and LFOs.
- Phase mod and sync matrix, allowing any osc to feed any other osc.
- Global texturizing including delay, noise, 'tube' saturation, ringmod and filtering.
- Rooted in monosynth design, but includes the option to switch to a 3-voice poly mode.
- 35 presets, ranging from basses to leads, pads to sound effects.