|Type / Tags|
There are so many specialized techniques with each unique style of fiddle playing. For example - Scottish fiddle players have an entirely different approach to the fiddle as compared to Bluegrass fiddlers. But there are certain commonalities between these different styles - that is what we are focusing on in fiddle! for Kontakt. We feel this library we feel this fills a void in the world of sample libraries.
Features of the fiddle! sample library for NI Kontakt:
- A wide dynamic range of sustain multisamples with velocity splits ranging from 7 to 20 multisamples per half step.
- A Front Page that offers a realtime display of articulations being used.
- The two sampled sound sources (Tube Mic and Ribbon Mic) can be edited completely independently, and the settings can be saved as independent Presets.
- The Settings Page gives you extensive control over Attack and Legato articulations – as well as Auto Bow.
- Half and Whole Step Slides at 3 speeds. You can adjust the Speed, Sample Start, Attack and Attack Curve.
- On the Expression Page, you set up and control the Dynamics, Pitch Bend and Vibrato.
- An extra instrument fiddle! - Extras.nki that can do Chops, Plucks, Up-Bow and Down-Bow Harmonics, Various fiddle FXs and Tuning gestures .
- An Effect Panel with 5 FX Slots. In the first two Slots you can load different Effects. Each FX Slot has its own Preset menu, so you can save and recall all the various parameters.
The full uncompressed size of this library is 1.38 GB. It has been Kontakt compressed (.ncw) down to 1.06 GB for convenience of downloading and rapid loading into Kontakt.
This library requires NI Kontakt version 5.5.2 or higher, and has been tested for compatibility in Kontakt 5.