No Longer Available
|Type / Tags||Synth (Analogue / Subtractive)|
Gemini is a synthesizer that combines a fat "analogue" sound with special step sequencers and "radical distortion behavior". It produces "raging" techno baselines, Psy/Goa FX, Hardstyle screams, shimmering pads, big trance leads and much more, according to Audioxygen. 180 presets aimed at these genres are included.
- Fat "analogue" sound with unique detuning algorithm.
- Aggressive Resonance and Distortion behavior down to the lowest frequencies.
- Special inter-modulating dual step sequencers.
- Very easy to operate.
- Loads multiple skins.
- Dual Oscillator banks with waveforms: Saw, Pulse, Sine, Triangle, White Noise.
- Oscillators detune and spread controls for custom detuning behavior.
- Pitch modulation by syncable LFO and Dual step sequencers.
- Dual Filters supporting parallel/serial mode + convenient cutoff knob link mode.
- Filter modulation by: sync LFO, ADSR Envelope, Step sequencer.
- Filter modes: Low Pass / High Pass / Band Pass / Band Reject / Peaking.
- Dual overdrive unit which can act in parallel and series.
- Dual step sequencers support glide, gating, and 8 sync modes.
- Step sequencers can interact with each other via 2 algorithms.
- Step sequencer perfect host sync. (will keep in sync with played beats, even when playing live).
- Effects bank with Stereo Reverb, Stereo sync Delay and Stereo field mixer.
- Very short delay timing possible to create acoustic metallic effects.
- Portamento sliding + glide supported.
- 32 Notes Polyphonic.
- Synthesizer sections can be enabled/disabled for optimal CPU efficiency.
- Full MIDI Control.
Reviewed By Numanoid
May 11, 2012
This is a reasonably priced "bread & butter" synth, especially useful for musicians working with trance, psy-trance or psy-chill/dub.
It features two oscillators with five waveforms to choose from, and LFO. Each Oscillator is accompanied by a filter with five different band pass settings to choose from.
You get two sequencers to play with, with speed ut to 128x, and glide function, for some complex patterns
Rounding off the package is the effect section which consists of delay and reverb.
It comes with 180 presets, which are very well programmed and shows what the synth is capable of. A free expansion pack of presets is available for registered users.
A major drawback on the fun factor though is that there is no easy "right-click" MIDI learn, you get a xls file included alongside the synth that lists the MIDI values, but this means you got to know the corresponding values on your controller, and if your controller (like mine) doesn't have a display means you have to dig out the manual from the bottom of the closet, or wherever you thought you remember you put it.........
[Edit update: The synth was tested as standalone in SAVI host. But there is no problem with easy MIDI learning in FL Studio for instance, using the "Tools->Last tweaked->Link to controller" method]
A novel thing is that one can change the color of the panel and the back light, selections can be made between red, grey and blue, depending on your mood of the day I guess ;-)
It was published in 2009, and to my ears it still rocks pretty awesome. An attractive package that is a sound investment, especially seeing the price segment the product is placed in.Read more