|Type / Tags||Hammond OrganKontakt Instrument|
Hammr Growler is the filthy brother of the not particularly demure Hammr+ and a part of the Hammr Suite, a classic tonewheel organ sample set developed with Oasis/Sheryl Crow keyboard player Mikey Rowe and recorded at the Toyroom Studios in Brighton.
The Growler is a 3GB monster that captures from 4 mic positions the full tilt sound of Mikeys favourite 888000000 setting on his 1959 B3 through a cranked up Leslie cabinet, and frankly it is one heck of a sound.
The science bit:
- 5 x 15 second Round Robin samples per note for a total of 3.2GB of samples compressed to a 2.7GB download.
- 4 mic positions using classic Neuman mics and Grace preamps.
- Individual control of volume, pan, ADSR and vibrato per mic.
- Percussion 2nd and 3rds available at the same time, with control of octave and decay time.
- Note off volume and decay control.
- Velocity sensitivity control.
- CC11 hardwired to volume for expression pedal swells.
- Leslie simulator with speed, treble/bass balance and distance controls.
- 69 specially recorded reverb impulses from a variety of real spaces and classic gear.
- Cabinet re-micing through a choice of 11 speaker cabinets.
- Dirt, morphing EQ and master EQ effects.
- Dirty contacts control adds small amounts of timing variation to note on /off to mimic the effects of ageing key contacts.
- 24 presets.
- Master/slave control system for quick adjustment of group controls.
- Built in user manual.
- €10 discount link for MVintageRotary an excellent Leslie simulator by Melda Production.
- Discount code for £10 off Hammr+.
The Hammr Growler is a downloadable Kontakt instrument that works in the FULL version of Kontakt 4.2.4 and above.