Free during beta
|Type / Tags|
|Utility||Stand-alone utility / application|
iPhone 6s/SE/iPad Mini 2/ iOS 11 or newer.
Holon.ist is a mobile, open world synthesis platform for perceptually grounded experiences. Holon.ist lets users map sensor data to musical parameters.
Some Holon.ist scenarios:
- Use non-volitional micromovements for subtle accents or rhythmical modulations.
- Pre-compose for motion with adaptive mappings, including learned postures.
- Use ancillary or accompanying gestures to augment your other instruments.
- Sonify local weather and astronomical events.
- Cross-modulate biosignals and experience the embodiment of sound.
- Control lights with your body for closed negative biofeedback loops.
- Vehicles automatically become part of Holon.ist. Why not make some custom FX and waypoint triggers for the next commute?
- Turn everyday objects into willing musical agents, and, using libPD, create your own musical rules for places, sports, games, or anything involving movement and micromovements.
When used passively, Holon.ist leaves your hands free for your conventional instruments. Holon.ist supports MIDI, OSC as well as a multiuser implementation of Ableton Link that allows collective sync of tempo, key and scale for every device on the network.
- step rate.
- heart rate.
- user states.
- local weather.
- geofences (GPS locations).
- Estimote iBeacon microlocation.
- solar/lunar tracking.
- pressure sensing.
- multiuser mode based on Ableton Link: Sync, Key, Scale.
- Apple Watch app.
- Suunto Movesense support.
In addition to Apple Watch (Series 2 or newer), Holon.ist can simultaneously support up to four Suunto Movesense smart sensors (FW v.1.5 or newer), available here, starting at EUR 39,50 + VAT + delivery.
Please sign up for beta by filling in form at holonic.systems
Release date, license and IAP pricing TBA.