The HoRNet LU Meter is a digital loudness meter with auto gain staging and grouping functions, the handy and logic GUI hides an intelligent tool that will improve your gain staging and mixing.
LU Meter is based on the concept of Loudness Units, a way of measuring audio that takes into consideration the human perception of sound so that the same level at different frequencies produces different reading on the meter.
HoRNet LU Meter implements the momentary reading from the EBU R128 standard and applies the concept of "auto gain" to that measurement type, making sure that the signal never exceeds the chosen LU level auto gain can be calculated using the meter's "momentary" reading or the EBU R128 "integrated" measurement, to be able to normalize the track to a specified average LU level.
LU Meter offers both separate meters for left and right channels (not EBU standard compliant) and a standard mode with both channel summed.
Since this meter measures loudness single peaks may exceed 0 dBFS when auto gain is applied, for this reason we added a safety "peak protection". If the gain applied brings the peaks above the chosen safety level, it's adjusted so that those peaks are the chosen value at maximum.
While the default calibration of the meter is set to -23LUFS (Loudness Units Full Scale) as per EBU R128 recommendation, the plugin allows you to change this reference so that you can aim for higher or lower levels depending on your needs.
A Loudness Units meter can help you better judge the level of your master or your single tracks as it will be perceived by the ear and so mix quicker and better.
- LU Momentary meter spec. conformity.
- LU Peak hold.
- RED Blink clipping indicator.
- reference level settable from -60 to 0 LUFS.
- input gain from -30dB to +15dB.
- bar color freely selectable.
- Stereo automatic gain adjustment with 6 different settings.
Auto gain with momentary or integrated method.
- Peak protection between (no peak can exceed the set limit).
- Auto Gain and meter setting can be set to whole group at once.
- Eight different assignable groups.
- Stereo display.
- Mac OS X (>=10.6 intel only) and Windows support.
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units, VST, VST3 and AAX format.