|Product||HoRNet VU Meter MK4|
|Type / Tags||VU Meter|
Vista and later
macOS 10.7 and later
The HoRNet VU Meter MK4 is a digital VU meter plugin with automatic gain setting and grouping functions, the new GUI is now scalable and has been optimised to take less space than the previous version and let you focus on the meter bars. In addition to the GUI VU Meter MK4 also allows you to give names to your tracks and groups, send every parameter change to any instance of VU Meter MK4 (not just the ones in the same group) and display the level of any of the other instances in the project without closing the GUI and choosing a new track.
VU Meter MK4 has a calibration setting that will allow you to set the 0VU point to the best level for your A/D converters (by default is set to -18dBFS but you should read the spec of your A/D and set the calibration to the specified internal headroom). This is because every A/D converter has an analog front-end and if you record too hot (close to 0dBFS) you risk to overload that analog stage.
VU Meter MK4 is able to auto adjust its internal gain to make the signal peak at your desired level (between -3 and +3 VU). With transient heavy sounds it may happen that auto gain boosts too much your tracks and drive them into clipping, to avoid this we have provided a max. peak ceiling that will prevent your signal from going higher than the set value.
The grouping function allows you to group instances of vu meters together (say your Drums group) and apply auto gain, reference and color settings to every instance belonging to the same group with just one click, choosing the "Send to all" option of any parameter, you can copy that value to every other VU Meter MK4 in your project, even iff they don't belong to the same group.
- VU Meter spec. conformity (300ms attack and release time).
- VU Peak hold.
- RED Blink clipping indicator.
- reference level settable from -60 to 0 dBFS.
- input gain from -30dB to +30dB.
- bar color freely selectable.
- Stereo automatic gain adjustment with 6 different settings.
- Peak protection between (no peak can exceed the set limit).
- Auto Gain and meter setting can be set to whole group or to every instance at once.
- Eight different assignable groups.
- Stereo display.
- Every instance can be named.
- Groups names freely editable.
- Ever instance of the plugin can display the value of every other named instance.
- Mac OS X (10.7 and later) and Windows (Vista and later) support.
- 64-bit plugins for macOS, 32 and 64-bit for Windows.
- Audio Units, VST, VST3 and AAX format.