|Type / Tags||ReverbConvolution Reverb|
HybridReverb2 is a convolution-based reverberation effect which combines the superior sound quality of a convolution reverb with the tuning capability of a feedback delay network. The sound quality of a convolution reverb depends on the quality of the used room impulse responses.
It came second in the KVR Developer Challenge 2009.
HybridReverb2 comes with a set of high quality room impulse responses which were synthesized with a state-of-the-art auralization software ("tinyAVE"). The user can choose between different rooms, different source distances, and different dampings (different reverberation times) suitable for different purposes. In contrast to the "music" damping which simulates a quite reverberant environment, the "speech" damping will result in a subtle reverberation effect.
HybridReverb2 is not designed as a "flashy" reverb effect, but as an effect which adds natural sounding reverberation to your audio projects.
- free and open source plugin (GPL).
- high quality room impulse responses (PCM, 48kHz, 24-bit).
- rear channel impulse responses for a natural spatial envelopment.
- low latency (down to 64 samples).
- low CPU load.
- individual performance optimizer.
- intuitive and clearly arranged user interface.
- quick selection of presets via categories.
- tuning of room impulse responses:
- initial gap / length / pre-delay.
- dry / wet / master gain.
- envelope (with increasing resolution for fine tuning the early reflections).
- timbre (equalizer with 1/3 octave resolution).
- editor for the preset database.
- user specified impulse responses can also be used.