Released in 1972, the Eventide Instant Phaser began the studio effects revolution by successfully simulating tape flanging, an effect that's been at the core of legendary albums for the last five decades. Modeled on the original hardware unit, the Instant Phaser Mk II plug-in accomplishes the same legendary sound with all the analog personality, smooth modulations, and inherent musicality. The capabilities have been expanded, and now you can even take your phaser on an excursion from the 70s far into the future with the delightfully characteristic "Age" knob. Outfitted with a complete host of control options, the Instant Phaser Mk II is out of the rack and into your plugin arsenal.
Explore new possibilities with updated and refined features such as Age and Mode. The Age knob emulates variable component-drift that occurs with aging hardware. The Mode switch offers three different flavors of phasing: Shallow, Deep, and Wide. When "Wide" is selected, the Instant Phaser Mk II gives you a different amount of phase-shifting on both right and left channels, resulting in a pseudo stereo effect.
- Four distinct methods to control the phasing: Oscillator, Manual, Envelope and Remote.
- Depth allows you to combine the phased signal with the dry signal.
- Exercise total control of the Oscillator with Sync and Retrig controls.
- Use Feedback control for a more pronounced sound.
- Side Chain function allows you to trigger the Envelope Follower from a separate source in the mix for inter-track mingling.