$69.99 / €54,99
|Type / Tags||MIDI Interface|
|This is a Hardware product|
|Interfaces||Apple 30-Pin Dock Connector|
|I/O||MIDI InMIDI OutMIDI Thru|
|Driver||No Driver Required|
iRig MIDI is an ultra-compact standard Core MIDI interface for iOS that connects any MIDI compatible device, such as a keyboard, to the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Together with the included SampleTank app, iRig MIDI brings mobile power and flexibility to keyboardists, and producers.
iRig MIDI can connect any standard MIDI equipment such as keyboards, drum machines, drum pads, pedal boards and more to an iOS device to control the included SampleTank FREE and a world of Core MIDI compatible apps, such as GarageBand, available on the iTunes App Store. With iRig MIDI, you can also use iOS apps to control external equipment such as sound modules, digital audio workstations or even lighting systems right from the mobile device.
iRig MIDI sports 3 MIDI ports – IN, OUT and THRU – so you can connect multiple MIDI devices without the need of additional gear using the two included standard MIDI connector cables. Two LEDs display the MIDI activity on the IN and OUT ports.
iRig MIDI is powered directly from the mobile device, but it also exclusively provides a micro USB port with included cable that connects to any standard USB power supply source so that the iOS device can stay fully powered during long playing sessions.
- Standard Core MIDI interface connects any MIDI hardware device to any Core MIDI-compatible app like SampleTank, GarageBand and many more.
- Directly connect MIDI keyboards, synthesizers, drum machines, drum pads, pedal boards and more using the included 2 x 5.2' (1.6 m) MIDI 5-pin DIN cables.
- 3 MIDI ports: IN/OUT/THRU.
- 2 LEDs for MIDI IN/OUT activity display.
- Micro USB port can charge the iOS device while in use.
- Includes SampleTank FREE, the powerful sample-based sound module app, and iRig MIDI Recorder FREE, the MIDI recorder/player utility.
- Compatible with iPod 3rd / 4th generation, iPhone 3GS and 4, iPad and iPad 2.
iRig MIDI is not only for keyboard players and producers using iOS devices for instruments, synthesizers or mini-studios. Guitar and bass players can also use iRig MIDI with multi-effects apps (including AmpliTube) to connect MIDI pedal boards for preset switching or effects control. Singers can do the same for controlling their favorite vocal effects apps (like VocaLive). DJs can use it with drum pads and other types of MIDI devices to integrate iOS apps into their favorite live rigs.
- SampleTank FREE for iOS, the sample-based sound and groove module.
- iRig MIDI Recorder FREE, the MIDI recorder/player utility.
SampleTank for iOS is the mobile version of IK's virtual sound workstation for the studio offering 4 instrument parts with effects and an expandable sound set made of over 400 acoustic, electric and electronic instruments plus over 900 rhythmic and melodic patterns that span every musical genre. Users of iRig MIDI will get a set of 48 exclusive SampleTank sounds for free by registering.
iRig MIDI Recorder is the free utility for recording and playing back MIDI sequences or any type of MIDI data to and from any MIDI-equipped musical instrument. MIDI recordings are organized by creation date and can also be exported via Wi-Fi, E-mail and iTunes File Sharing in Standard MIDI file format.
Compatible apps: There are now currently over a hundred apps that use the Apple Core MIDI standard on iOS and are compatible with iRig MIDI and they keep growing. For the latest list, click here.