The next logical step after releasing the loudness meter application, ALM 5.1, was to create an affordable, cross-platform loudness normalizing tool: the L-Normalizer. This particular application can be very useful and helpful for audio engineers working in post production and broadcasting environments.
The major two steps of the workflow consists in analyzing the audio material and rendering an improved one. If you choose to normalize your material, you can pick between program loudness or short term loudness if your materials are shorter than 30 seconds. Also, a True Peak Limiter is available with variable knee width, release time and true peak.
- Loudness Normalizer and True Peak Limiter – VST, AU and AAX plugins.
- Fully compliant with international loudness standards : BS-1770 (rev.3), EBU R128 and ATSC A/85 specifications.
- Analyzing and Rendering capabilities.
- Channels Format : mono, stereo and 5.1 with automatic detection of track numbers.
- Correction for either Program Loudness or Maximum Short Term Loudness.
- Adjustable settings for True Peak Limiter: maximum true peak, release time and knee.
- It can be used as an offline plugin but also offers real time processing, if the plugin is inserted on a track.
- The True Peak Limiter ensures that no clipping occurs even when positive gain normalization is used.
- Automatic source analysis after normalization.