L3V3LL3R-X3 is a 3-band version of L3V3LL3R, using dynamic EQ instead of the usual cross-over filters.
The plug does have a cross-over section, but this just feeds the side-chains of the three L3V3LL3R compressors: the resulting gain modulation is matrixed into modulation signals for a pair of dynamic shelving filters plus a gain stage. This avoids introducing constant phase anomalies around the cross-over frequencies: with this design the phase is only affected when two adjacent bands have differing gains, and subtle compression will only result in very tiny phase shifts. To put it another way: when all 3 bands have the same gain, the signal will be passed with only a volume change.
You can listen to the cross-over filters by solo-ing one or more of the bands: the solo'ed signal still passes through its compressor, so you can fine-tune the settings for a band while listening to it in isolation.
- Dynamic EQ topology to reduce phase artifacts.
- Three vintage style L3V3LL3R compressors with band-limited sidechains.
- Intuitive "solo in place" function for each band.
- Switchable soft clipping keeps your peaks below 0dBFS: turn up the master Gain knob for a warm overdrive effect.
- Global gain change meter.
- Zero latency.
- SSE optimisations for low CPU use.