Lounge Lizard EP-4 is an electric piano plug-in delivering authentic Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds in an everything-you-need package.
New In Version 4
We took the most versatile electric piano plug-in to another level—it's our best sounding release to date:
- NEW Library—The completely renewed factory library features the classic Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds as well as over 240 gig- and mix-ready custom electric pianos making good use of the compressor, equalizer, and multi-effect processor.
- NEW Compressor and equalizer—These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- NEW Character control—The new Character control provides five classic studio and stage signal path emulations—that's the cabinet, pre-amp, microphone, and recorder chain that follows the piano's output—to easily snug fit your electric piano part into your track.
- NEW Streamlined interface—Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Lounge Lizard EP-4 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the main piano and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you get under the hood and voice the piano to taste; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for final shaping duties.
- NEW Limiter—The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the piano's physical modeling parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- NEW Bank and program manager—Lounge Lizard EP-4's new manager allows simple and efficient organization, backup, and sharing of your sounds.
- UPDATED Overhauled effects—Reinvigorated, polished, and tuned especially for the electric piano, Lounge Lizard EP-4's multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date.
- NEW Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files—Lounge Lizard EP-4 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making.
- NEW Native 64-bit AU, VST, and AAX plug-ins—Lounge Lizard EP-4 now runs in native 64-bit on Mac OS X and Windows making it compatible with the latest sequencers.
- NEW NKS support—Lounge Lizard EP-4 now support Native Instruments' Native Kontrol Standard extended plug-in format for Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards and Maschine hardware.
Over 240 inspiring presets covering the Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds popularized by legends, custom electric pianos, classic track sounds, and wild experimentation. The factory library covers about every electric piano need and more.
Direct access to key effect and piano parameters to perfectly match the tone to your performance. Play your piano through different cabinet, pre-amp, microphone, and recorder signal paths typically used with electric pianos.
Hammer, tone, tine, pickup—Lounge Lizard is built around the modeling of real piano components. Custom pianos can be created with just a few tweaks, a job that took hours of painstaking work on real-life instruments. The factory library is filled with carefully designed pianos but you will have fun servicing your own.
The Effects panel wraps up Lounge Lizard EP-4 as an all-inclusive package with awesome polishing tools at your hands to match a classic track sound, create custom tones, or simply go wild.
- Standalone operation for quick jams and experimentations.
- Real-time control over any parameters via your MIDI controller knobs, faders, and switches.
- MIDI clock, tap, and host tempo synchronization for effects and modulations.
- Relaxed editing with unlimited undo/redo capability.
Benefits of physical modeling:
- Sound manipulation at the source core.
- Presets load in a flash.
- Super smooth dynamics—no velocity layers.
- Small memory footprint—less than 256 MB of RAM per instance.
- Installs in less than a minute—less than 33 MB on disk.