Molecule is a multi-band processor that allows you to split the sound into three frequency bands – low, mid, high – and pass them independently through different effects. It includes a vast array of algorithms such as comb filter, chorus ensemble, frequency shifter as well as barber-pole phaser, circuit-bent filter, digital- and analog-style distortion. Each of the three bands also gets its own tempo-synchronised modulator with multiple waveforms and realtime randomisation. Moreover, Molecule lets you store up to eight complete snapshots of itself and switch between them in realtime or via host automation.
The graphic interface in Molecule uses a new design language with bold, colour-coded shapes that openly show all of the building blocks and their interconnections. With hardware-accelerated rendering and all-round parameter smoothing, it offers pleasant and intuitive operation. Altogether this makes Molecule a fun yet productive tool that goes as far as you want it to – from careful spicing-up to complete reconstruction.
- Three crossover filters with -24 dB/octave slope.
- Multiple processing algorithms: comb filter, chorus ensemble, ring modulator, frequency shifter, barber-pole phaser, sample rate and bit depth reduction, analog drive, hard clip, circuit-bent filter, fold-back distortion, two wave transformers.
- Three modulation generators with 8 different waveforms, per-cycle chaos function and lag switch.
- Eight full parameter snapshots for realtime switching and automation.
- Advanced transport sync algorithm with support for tempo and time signature automation.